Win97 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmonds

Hello to all,

I spent 2 hours setting up a new file for vacation last night. When I went to transfer it to my scanner, I kept getting a message that says something about checking my com port, making sure that the scanner is on...etc. I have several files in my computer and have had no trouble in the past transfering files from my scanner to computer or vice-versa. Now it will not let my do either. Is this something that can be fixed? What am I doing wrong? H.E.L.P.

Chris0381

Sounds like it cant find your com port. If using the usb cable do you have it set to com4 and are to cable connections solid.?

You may want to go into your My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware to check on the ports.

redmonds

I am not using a USB. I will have to check my computer out when I get home to make sure that the com port has not changed. It has been working just fine prior to this transfer. I have not changed a thing. It is all on a lap top that I only use for my scanners (Windows 98 SE). Thanks for the response and any more are welcomed. I am do to leave early Saturday Morning for vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.