Win97 programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milk213

Hi, I am new to the programming software because I have only had a pro-94A, so bare with me here. I got confused while using Win97. I want to program in a Motorola Type II system in to the scanner using the software. But when I go to the channels tab I look at the place to program the frequencies into it says to add an alpha tag to each one of them. The problem I have with this is that when a trunked system picks up that frequency wont it show the alpha tag of that frequency instead of the talkgroup tag? not sure if you guys know what I am talking about so if you need clarification just ask. Thanks!

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Correct because the alpha tags are for the individual freqs themselves, and since you are trunking, you will see the talk group IDs (TGID).

Unless you were to listen to the system in convential mode you will never see those alphatags. You can simply leave them blank, or label them as "control channel" then "voice channel 1", etc until you are completed.

Milk213

Can I make it so when the talk group Ids come up that they have a tag? Or is that not possible.

chgomonitor

Silent Key
ID Tags

The radio itself is limited to displaying either an Alpha Tag or the ID# for trunked talk groups. There is a function in both the radio and the software for choosing which to display. One way around this is to program the ID# as the first digits of the alpha tag, so it's included as part of the alpha. Shortens the available space for alpha charactars, but it's a crude solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.