WIN97 Scan Channel Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

alangoldstein

Hello to everyone. I purchased a PRO-97, a pc data cable, and downloaded WIN97. Here is my situation. I download the frequencies from RR using WIN97 into my PRO-97. This part is a breeze. However, when I press the srch button and find the frequecies that I like and press SCAN, the PRO-97 tells me: All channels Locked out! and no scanning is possible. What can be wrong? I have tried multiple things and nothing works. This was not the case prior to using WIN97.

Highpockets

Hello to everyone. I purchased a PRO-97, a pc data cable, and downloaded WIN97. Here is my situation. I download the frequencies from RR using WIN97 into my PRO-97. This part is a breeze. However, when I press the srch button and find the frequecies that I like and press SCAN, the PRO-97 tells me: All channels Locked out! and no scanning is possible. What can be wrong? I have tried multiple things and nothing works. This was not the case prior to using WIN97.

The banks you want to scan, are they activated. (on)

n2mdk

Sounds like your not quite setup for the upload to the scanner, make sure you have the correct COM Port selected in the software, also check the Extra Write Time and Enable "Readback" Tests as well.

Highpockets

Sounds like your not quite setup for the upload to the scanner, make sure you have the correct COM Port selected in the software, also check the Extra Write Time and Enable "Readback" Tests as well.

Jerri,

My win97 is expired, what is the default for activating banks you want scanned, are they all on or all off, I thought maybe he didn't check what banks he wanted scanned in win97, so it is leaving them all off.. :confused: He stated the upload was a breeze. :)

n2mdk

It's just a matter of pushing the corresponding number keys in the software the Enabled Scan Banks are on the Settings/Weather tab.
Sometimes it seems like the software is uploading to the scanner but it doesn't and you end up with a blank scanner. I had that happen the first time I used it myself.

N1BHH

If it's uploading to the scanner, the scanner will show that it is receiving data, if not it will just sit there like a stump. You have the proper cable? I bet that's why you aren't getting transfer of data. If it has a stereo plug, you need a mono plug adapter.

n2mdk

You actually don't need the mono adapter, Don Starr has said this many times. My Pro-97 does work either way but it's not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.