Win97 software icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

usnasa

hello all I bought a copy of the win 97 software for my pro 2055 scanner , great program , i have all the channels loaded on the list , now my question is how do i save the file so i can just double click the file to open it in the win 97 program ?

Last edited:

Nasby

On your mouse, right click on the "short cut to WIN 97" icon. It will then read, "send to." You will then select "desktop." You should then have an icon of a scanner on the desktop of your computer. Simply click on it and you're ready to go.

usnasa

thanks but I already have the win97exe icon on my desktop the question is once the file is open with my list i want to be able to save the file so i can go just in that file and open from there rather than on the win97 icon that is on my desktop do you know what i mean ?

Deeke

You want associate the data file with the ext of *.p97 or what ever the file ext that it saves them as so you can have different shortcuts on the desktop to click on "data file1" or "data file 2"
to automatically open and start Win97?

Is that a safe assumption?

If it is then open any folder and click on "tools/folder options/file types" locate the *.p97 file ext and click on "open with" "select Win97" you'll probably have to searh for it will assoc all *p97(or whatever ext it uses) to Win97 prog.

I know there is an easier way to do it, this is the only way that i remember.

HTH

Last edited:

Deeke

In Win97's "Configuration" menu, select "Misc...". Click the "P97 File Associate" button.

I should have just had a V8
I overlooked the button in Win500.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.