Win97 to win 93

Status
Not open for further replies.

imbruski

I am a software "newbie" and need help, I have a PRO97 using WIN97 and am looking for a way to move the info from the WIN97 to WIN93 so I can load into a PRO2053. Any help or ideas appreciated, detailed type.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I am a software "newbie" and need help, I have a PRO97 using WIN97 and am looking for a way to move the info from the WIN97 to WIN93 so I can load into a PRO2053. Any help or ideas appreciated, detailed type.
Open both programs, highlight needed data in Win97 then copy (Ctrl c) to Win93 using Ctrl v. KIM Win93 limits of 30 channels and 100 TG's/bank and no LTR trunking and no PL/DPL. All Frequency Alpha Tags must be no more then 12 characters including spaces to paste in Win93. If any are 13 or more, none will paste. Also, I can't find any method to paste TG Alpha Tags and ID's actually paste under Alpha Tag header.

Don's Winxx Data Converter Utility will not work on Win97 and it will only work using Win93/95 -->Win96 not <--Win96.

DonS

You can copy and paste from Win97 to Win93, with some caveats:
1. As Frank mentioned, all of your 16-character alpha tags will be truncated to 12 characters
2. Win93 won't understand LTR trunking or CTCSS/DCS
3. Before pasting any talkgroups, you must set the bank's trunking type and any required fleet map.
4. Channels will only paste one at a time, unless you use something like Excel as an intermediary:
a. select channels in Win97, and copy to clipboard
b. paste into Excel, and ensure the column containing frequencies has 6 digits after the decimal
c. select the channels in Excel (at least the Alpha Tag, Frequency, and RxMode columns)
d. Copy to clipboard and paste into Win93

Status
Not open for further replies.