Win97 trunking help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightbit

Hi there folks. I've just picked up a Pro97 and have downloaded the (incredibly useful!) Win97 program to use with it. I am a Summer Camp Director and with the fires going on in the mountains of Southern California, I figured I might gain some advantage by having my ears tuned to the people who really know what's going on.

However, I've run into some problems with Win97.

Specifically, when I am trying to input a trunking system (Mot), I'm running into the program telling me that the ID must be between 0000-2047, while some of the Mot codes I've been given are outside of that range.

The information I've been given is formatted as such, is there some other way I should be inputting it?

Frequency List: 868.1125, 866.6875, etc etc etc

1904 F 8-Fire-1 Dispatch
2128 F 8-FTac-2 Tactical

etc.

As you can see, the last code is clearly out of the range that the software wants to allow.

Any ideas? Perhaps it's a different type of system?

Thanks guys!

Brian

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Perhaps it's a different type of system?

You are right. Chances are you accidentally changed the bank's system type to EDACS. Make sure it is set to MOT instead, and you won't get the error message. :)

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
eightbit said:
Bingo. I knew I was in the right place! There are so many options in this software, I thought I'd checked them all.

Thanks.
Yes, it looks quite challenging to use, but it's really not. When you get familiar with all the programs' features, it really becomes handy. :)

eightbit

Yes, I'll definetely be registering the software. Now I've just got to order another cable, as it doesn't seem like my radio shack cable will allow transfer from the radio the computer, only vice versa.

YFZBOB

eightbit said:
Yes, I'll definetely be registering the software. Now I've just got to order another cable, as it doesn't seem like my radio shack cable will allow transfer from the radio the computer, only vice versa.
What cable did you buy? If you're interested. I can send you my Pro-97 list. I live in Highland. Got everything from Aircraft, CHP and CALTRANS, and Fire. Also have Tanker Base ground support frequencies.

Last edited:

YFZBOB

eightbit said:
Ah, scratch that. The packaging on the RS box said "Download Only", but it appears to be working the other direction as well. Great!
Great! Radio Shack sold me the Orange USB Cable and it didn't work. Had to buy the serial cable. Now, my laptop didn't come with a serial port. Had to buy the Serial to USB adaptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.