WinAmp and Buffer 0%

Status
Not open for further replies.

relliott

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2005
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
Parma, ID
I don't know if this is the broadcast end or receiving end issue. After listening to my stream from a remote location with WinAmp after a short time, 5 to 15 minutes, the display blinks buffer 0% but it still receives the audio with no problems. Then after an hour or so it stops hearing audio and I have to restart WinAmp. Any ideas if this is a problem or just one of those things? I can listen to my Shoutcast stream for 24 hours and not have any problems....
 

KC1UA

This ain't gettin us noplace, we'll have to blast!
Database Admin
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
1,400
Location
Marstons Mills, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
I don't know why it does it but you're not alone. I see this happen frequently with not only my feed but also others I listen to via Winamp. The time for it to happen varies, and I don't always get disconnected, but other than that the symptoms are as you describe. This is not only with RR, but also with my feed as I ran it prior to switching to SA/RR. So I'd expect it's a "Winamp thing".
 

ScanYak

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
165
Reaction score
22
Location
Eastern Washington
Increase the buffer.
I have been using a simple fix for my WinAmp buffer problems:


* Start WinAmp.
* Press CTRL+P (Press Control key and without releasing it, press the P key as well)
* In the menu on the left select the 'Input' option below 'Plug-ins'
* In the right menu select the plugin
'Nullsoft MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 Audio decoder'.
* Click the 'Configure' button
* Click the rightmost tab in the newly opened window (streaming)
* In the box below 'Streaming Data Buffer' enter the value 128 (instead of 64)
* Change the right slide to about 25% (instead of 10%)(the slide above the text: (how
much to prebuffer after a bufferunderrun)).


Link to source:
Buffer problems with WinAMP | Buffer problemen met WinAMP
 

relliott

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2005
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
Parma, ID
So far that has seemed to work! Thanks for the speedy solution, I don't think the blinking buffer 0% really was too much of a problem but it would catch my eye while working on the computer. I would see it on the task bar and have to do a double take as to what was goig on....

Rich
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top