Winamp broadcasting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
I am trying to get my Winamp to work as a radio station, i downloaded the DSP plug in, and i do EVERYTHING it tells me too, and i still have no luck broadcasting my radio station :eek:
Does anyone use this application or can you point me in the direction of an application that will work for my radio station?

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Soooooooo... you are not using a router like Linksys, D-Link etc.? Your computer is hooked directly to the cable modem via the LAN?

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
im just not seeing my station in the shoutcast database, i have the Shoutcast DNAS console running with the DSP plug in, and still nothing,

tcg

Sorry OM but you're SOL, Commiecast doesn't allow servers on the network.

I have Comcast and run a Shoutcast server with Winamp.

I use a router with the modem so it was easy to set up port forwarding.

Here is a howto on opening up a port with windows firewall. Not sure if it will help but your firewall is probably blocking port 8000 and 8001.

http://portforward.com/english/rout...oft/WindowsXPFirewallFirewall/ShoutCastIn.htm

Or just turn off XP firewall and see if that resolves your problem.

Just a thought.

Matt

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
tcg... It could be the firewall but I don't think he has all the software installed. Sounds like he has the DSP plugin going but doesn't have the sc_serv.exe file running... or he'd be telling us about errors? I have Comcast and have been streaming 24/7 for 7 years. In fact... I even asked a Comcast tech about it. Granted... he probably didn't know what I was talking about but I did get them to note my account about this. I think the key here is to limit connections. Stream to 10 and no problem... try a thousand and somebody going to notice.

kb2vxa: Have you ever gone 40 in a 35 mph zone? That's against the rules too!? :)

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned

:roll: Yeah, and Comcrap can kindly go ^$% them selves. That maybe their policy, but many people run server-like applications all the time. Examples include; security cameras, weather stations, and scanner feeds. We're only talking about 15k max. Crap, I upload using P2P! :twisted:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Originally Posted by kb2vxa

"I have Comcast and run a Shoutcast server with Winamp."

Did I say it's physically impossible? It can lead to network bandwidth problems and unexpected complications, not to mention those encountered with violation of terms and conditions of the contract. I won't go out on a limb here with too much information but I'll just say there are work-arounds to keep everybody happy.

"Crap, I upload using P2P!"

Bad boy bad boy, watcha gonna do? Watcha gonna do when they come for you? (;->)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.