Windows 10 & Uniden USB Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ok, that is not a scanner driver issue, then. I'm sure Gommert is keeping up with this and working on things on his end.

kd8x

I've also returned to windows 8.1 after trying windows 10 for 3 days....slowed my computer down and wont work with 996xt or 396xt....windows sucks so bad.....

QwKiE

Was there an update for the HPDB today I tried to but it says I have the latest 7-26-2015 is there an update or not today?

mjtodd

Feed Provider
All of our scanners with native USB just plug and play with Windows 10. For older models (i.e. "XT" or "X" models) that have a serial connection, older USB-1 cables will not work, as Prolific changed their drivers several years ago to only work with their newer chipset that has anti-counterfeit features. At that time, we changed the chipset in our USB-1 cables. So, if you have an older USB-1 cable it won't work with Windows 10 (or really w/8 using current drivers). Newer (last couple of years) cables will work.

This morning I've had occasion to plug in and use the BCD996P2 and BCD536HP under serial control (and as a mass storage device, to, for the HP) and they just plug and play.

I did have to update Freescan to the latest beta build in order for the remote control mode to work.

I am really racking my little brain with this issue I (we) seem to be having. I just uninstalled my Norton 360, ran the Norton Removal tool, rebooted, uninstalled the USB driver, rebooted, re-installed the usb driver and still nothing. I then went into Windows Firewall to manually allow traffic over the COM Port and still nothing. As you can see from the screen shots, there is always a character after the COM4 and I can't figure out why. There has got to be some sort of glitch in the driver that is not talking to Windows10. Maybe I am just missing something....

I contacted Uniden Tech Support and got an email back saying: "Dear Valued Uniden Customer,

I emailed our development department and they said that they have downloaded Windows 10 and it works for them. They said that it would be a problem with the software you are using most likely. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for Choosing Uniden!
Caleb
Uniden Tech Support"

I guess I'll keep trying...or waiting....

Attachments

• u1.jpg
    u1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 2,174
  • u2.jpg
    u2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 2,238
  • u3.jpg
    u3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 2,183
  • u4.JPG
    u4.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 2,226

phask

Premium Subscriber
FWIW - 325, same IO as a 996p2 worked with latest Freescan and Win 10.

It did flash some errors, but down and uploaded.

Pro96comm worked flawless.

Could not get arc VC to run on a HP2.

Sentinel was fine on a HP2.

JamesO

A word to the wise, DO NOT RUN ANY NORTON AV or Internet Security programs.

Have taken it off EVERY computer I have ever worked on for almost 10 years. Worst Malware ever sold!!

Has screwed up and caused SO many problems on computers I have supported, it comes off immediately if I get paid to work on the machine. Slows even the fastest machines, causes Internet connectivity problems, just not worth the headaches.

Not sure this is your specific problem, but I know what problems I have run into with it.

kb6hlm

Solved the ARC HP1 & 536 running under windows 10

#1 Bring up Device Manager open Ports (COM & LPT) and USB contollers

#2 On the 536 hit "E" for Mass Storage now will see its mistakenly in the com ports

#3 Uninstall that (com port) reboot radio then hit Mass Storage again now you will see it drop down to the USB port as a Mass Storage Device

#4 Test to see if ARC will Read Data if so reboot radio then hit " ." Serial Port now you will see it under Ports (COM & LPT) you may need to reinstall the drivers then test ARC (VC)

The same thing will work for HP 1 for Mass Storage
However I cant get the VC to work on the HP 1 for the life of me ! It dose try to work then freezes up unknown what the problem is there?

Hope this helps anyone that's trying to get HP1 or 536 to work under Win10

Fireboat03

Pepsima1 Duplicate Account
Banned
Ok, that is not a scanner driver issue, then. I'm sure Gommert is keeping up with this and working on things on his end.

I loaded up Windows 10 on a 6 year old HP iCORE5 with 8 gigs of RAM. Brand new SSD too. Loaded up Win7 and then did an upgrade to Win10.

NO driver issues nor no issues with my Sentinel and BCD536HP.

Also, no problems with my ARC-XT with my BCD996P2 Either. Also, my ARC500 for my Whistler radio had no issues either.

Good Luck. I think the majority issues with some computers is that there is underlying issues already.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
I would agree the issues are not with the scanner driver, or the control software but something underlying in the system(s) that are having issues.

Asus mini - Upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1, no issues with ProScan or Radio Feed. My feeds didn't miss a beat. BC-15X, 996XT, Pro-18. ProScan and RadioFeed (for the Pro-18) working as expected.

HP Prodesk mini G600 - Clean install of Windows 10. No driver installation, Sentinel, ProScan, Win500 for 651/652, EZ/iScan for WS1095/Pro-668/Pro-18.

WS1095/Pro-668/ cable supplied with scanner - OK (no driver install)
BCD 996XT USB-1 and TrendNet USB-Serial adapter to rear port no issue
436HP/536HP - supplied cable no issue, rear serial port with TrendNet also OK on the 536
Pro-651/652 (2 ea) Win500 working fine, including remote control. (surprised me)
ARC536 (demo) worked fine without issue.

( I would add, off topic slightly, that Unitrunker, RTL-SDR, IDTracker III, work fine as well)

mjtodd

Feed Provider
Could someone running Windows10 check the port settings on their Uniden Serial Port to see if one of my setting are off? Thanks for all the feedback so far...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 2,128
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,041
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 2,042

scottmaumee

I am having the same issues on both of my computers using ARC XT Pro.

My USB-1 cable has the HXA chip. Previously, on the desktop with Windows 7, it worked like a charm, and the laptop on Windows 8.1, would work using Compatibility. Now that both are upgraded to Windows 10, it works on neither. Both display the Code 10 error, and will not allow a rollback or Compatibility operation.

kizashi

I still haven't been able to fix my issue. I have no underlying problems with my system or Windows 10. Everything USB related works perfectly besides my BCD536HP running ARC. My Windows 10 computer will recognize my scanner in mass storage mode only with Sentinel and ARC536 software. Since upgrading, I have lost all Virtual Control function. Like I said before, I emailed Butel about it and was told by them my problem is Uniden driver related. My ports look exactly the same as mjtodd posted above with exception of mine being (com7).

My question is...

Did Uniden supply certain 536HP owners with the old style USB cable? I haven't changed this cable once since I got my scanner and I was one of the 1st to get one because I pre-ordered mine through Scannermaster. My scanner was also one of the ones with problems with time setting. Firmware is current too.

Can someone post picture of their Uniden supplied USB cable for their 536HP?

Last edited:

kizashi

My USB cable resembles the WIFI Dongle that came with my scanner. It has one barrel where I guess the chip is right by where it plugs into my scanner. My WIFI Dongle has two of those barrels. One at each end.

kizashi

Update...It's fixed! I guess when I upgraded to Windows 10 my registration key was removed from the ARC software. Put key in and it's working!

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber

My test seem to also show that and when I email today I was told

Hi,

This is a Uniden driver issue, please contact Uniden for updated drivers

I got more details here http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...c36pro-virtual-control-issue.html#post2434038

Been able with windows 10 receive data in another program, send data in program but receive none.

So I do not buy it driver issues but that what been told.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
Still no Virtual Control... I can read/write to scanner with Sentinel & ARC536PRO and that's it.

have you try changing the volume? or doing a command from computer. Mine makes it look like not connect but it responds to connections. Additional I used scannermonitor.com and it works with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.