Windows 10 & Uniden USB Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

kizashi

have you try changing the volume? or doing a command from computer. Mine makes it look like not connect but it responds to connections. Additional I used scannermonitor.com and it works with no issues.

Yeah, same as yours. Mine works flawlessly with scannermonitor but will not show it scanning or log anything in arc536pro virtual control. It will recognize inputs in the virtual scanner and control the scanner just fine.

Theo

Premium Subscriber
A word to the wise, DO NOT RUN ANY NORTON AV or Internet Security programs.

Have taken it off EVERY computer I have ever worked on for almost 10 years. Worst Malware ever sold!!

Has screwed up and caused SO many problems on computers I have supported, it comes off immediately if I get paid to work on the machine. Slows even the fastest machines, causes Internet connectivity problems, just not worth the headaches.

Not sure this is your specific problem, but I know what problems I have run into with it.
I have used Norton for years on all my computers never had a problem! All Comcast customers get the Security Suite for free! I'm sure they wouldn't stand behind it if it didn't work.

agalipe1

Uniden USB-1

I had the same problem with the older cable, I used this driver bellow and it works fine under Windows 10. You have to do a few steps to get it to install. I will post a link tomorrow its on the other computer.

Ok I used this one Vista-Prolific-USB-2-Serial-Driver-3-2-0-0 there are two links to the drivers both will work with the steps below

here is the discussion at this link where I found the info

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...-usb-driver-not-working?forum=w8itprohardware

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5m5afw

http://www.ztechnology.com/download/Vista-Prolific-USB-2-Serial-Driver-3-2-0-0.exe
when using this one it will install the drivers but you still have to do the steps when you do step 4 choose driver in picture

1. download the driver version 3.3.11.152 in Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port | Magic Driver ( although this is an old driver version, this works in most versions of Windows OS even the latest Windows 8.1 in my case )

2. Go to device manager, under Ports ( COM & LPT ) right click Prolific USB-to-Serial (COMx) then select Update driver software.

3. Browse for driver software on computer

4. Let me pick from a list of devices on my computer

5. Select Have Disk

6. On the bottom, Select Browse and then select location where you saved the driver for 3.3.11.152, you should be able to find ser2pl.

7. Open, then OK, then Next, then VOILA! it should be working now.

8. Scan hardware changes to verify.

Attachments

• driver.jpg
    driver.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 2,133
Last edited:

radchuck03

Premium Subscriber
Wonder if I will have the same problem when I upgrade. I have a Pro 18 and a PSR 800' and had similar problems with Windows 7 recognizing the USB ports. What a headache! Not so sure I want the upgrade now to Windows 10. Both of these scanners have micro SD cards that need constant updating to the latest RR library.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scottmaumee

I had the same problem with the older cable, I used this driver bellow and it works fine under Windows 10. You have to do a few steps to get it to install. I will post a link tomorrow its on the other computer.

Ok I used this one Vista-Prolific-USB-2-Serial-Driver-3-2-0-0 there are two links to the drivers both will work with the steps below

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...-usb-driver-not-working?forum=w8itprohardware

http://www.ztechnology.com/download/Vista-Prolific-USB-2-Serial-Driver-3-2-0-0.exe
when using this one it will install the drivers but you still have to do the steps when you do step 4 choose driver in picture

1. download the driver version 3.3.11.152 in Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port | Magic Driver ( although this is an old driver version, this works in most versions of Windows OS even the latest Windows 8.1 in my case )

2. Go to device manager, under Ports ( COM & LPT ) right click Prolific USB-to-Serial (COMx) then select Update driver software.

5. Select Have Disk

6. On the bottom, Select Browse and then select location where you saved the driver for 3.3.11.152, you should be able to find ser2pl.

JACKPOT .. It was only going to be $40 for a new cord, but you saved me some cash. Worked PERFECTLY. Wish I could shake your hand.

kizashi

5. Select Have Disk

So, this works for USB to Serial cables only? This thread (my problem anyway) is specifically for the BCD536HP USB cable. Just want to clarify this. I tried following these steps and Windows 10 Device Manager shows a yellow exclamation and I get the following message...

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Last edited:

agalipe1

Can you go into device manager and give me the hardware id

see picture below should look similar to this

Attachments

• hardware id.jpg
    hardware id.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 2,241

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
I have the original USB cable that comes with the 536HP.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

You shouldn't need any drivers at all for the 536. If you have any installed, remove all of them, reboot and then plug the cable in, and plug in to your 536.

kizashi

You shouldn't need any drivers at all for the 536. If you have any installed, remove all of them, reboot and then plug the cable in, and plug in to your 536.
Already tried. Doesn't work. Like I said before, the ARC536PRO will not function in virtual control at all. Works fine for programming the scanner in mass storage mode and that's it. The scannermonitor software works fine too. It shows the scanner and displays it like it's supposed to. I'm really dumbfounded at this point. Have received zero support from butel too. Long time customer... and I've purchased the pro versions of 3 different software programs they sell. Very disappointed.

[emoji35]

Last edited:

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
I know Gommert has said this is a Uniden issue (which surprised me), but if other software is working OK..

kizashi

I know Gommert has said this is a Uniden issue (which surprised me), but if other software is working OK..

Right. I believe it's definitely a butel issue and they have it on their site saying the software works with Windows 10. I used the software (always have it running) before upgrading to Windows 10. It's almost like I have a free version that needs unlocked. But I never had the "free" version. I paid $60 for arc536pro when it 1st came out as a beta or whatever.

Last edited:

fjmrgm4l

I was able to get VC to work also by changing my USB connection from the front to the GPS/Serial port in the pack. I was using the stock Uniden USB cable to connect from my computer to the front scanner USB mini port and VC would not work with Windows 10.
I went and purchased a Serial-USB cable and a 9-pin Female/Female Null-Modem Adapter today and made the connection to the rear GPS/Serial port on the scanner. ARC536PRO recognized it right off the bat and VC is working fine.

nfredrich

Greetings,

I'm using the stock USB cable that came with my BCD996P2 scanner. Recently upgraded to Windows 10.
I see the Uniden Serial Port on COM3. however ARC-XT PRO does not detect the scanner (even though com3 is blue in the scanner connection settings page). I have verified the correct BAUD rate on both scanner and serial port. Any ideas?

Thanks

fjmrgm4l

It depends on how badly or quickly you want to get back online.

There is definitely an issue either with the Butel software OR the UNiden USB cable/driver. I can't nor won't point fingers or blame either one. Sooner or later they will figure out what the problem is and hopefully come up with a solution.

If you want to get back online quicker I would suggest going to head in purchasing a serial to USB cable and a null modem adapter. This'll be a nine pin to nine pin and female to female basically a gender changer. The adapter will allow you to plug the serial cable the serial to USB cable from the gender changer to your computer USB port..

Status
Not open for further replies.