Windows 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I was a member here for a while before I went exploring. I haven't counted but there are at least a hundred different subjects covered. Everything from religion to short wave listening to satellite monitoring to short wave data decoding are covered. Most members probably don't know the extent of the coverage. Each state even has it's own section. It's worth exploring.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I understand. I think we've all been assimilated to Microsoft Windows like it or not. I've been running Linux in addition to Windows for years. I've not been successful trying to run Linux 100%, if I could, I would.
Same here. Right now running Win 10 on an HP desktop, bought new in 2017. I use it occasionally for music production. And an older HP Z420 server which I use as my radio PC. It has 32GB RAM and I run WSJT-X, JS8call, and the scanner programming programs (Freescan, Sentinel & Proscan). On the other side of desk is an HP Z210 which runs Mx Linux. I can run pretty much ALL of the ham radio programs, including SDR Trunk (for rtl-sdr) but NOT the Uniden scanner programming software. I would use Linux 100% if I could too.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Same here. Right now running Win 10 on an HP desktop, bought new in 2017. I use it occasionally for music production. And an older HP Z420 server which I use as my radio PC. It has 32GB RAM and I run WSJT-X, JS8call, and the scanner programming programs (Freescan, Sentinel & Proscan). On the other side of desk is an HP Z210 which runs Mx Linux. I can run pretty much ALL of the ham radio programs, including SDR Trunk (for rtl-sdr) but NOT the Uniden scanner programming software. I would use Linux 100% if I could too.

I run Linux Mint and I've tried setting up a Windows 10 virtual machine using Oracle's VirtualBox. I just can't seem to get the USB ports to function in that mode. Has anyone been successful doing this and running ProScan or something similar?

Thanks!

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
I run Linux Mint and I've tried setting up a Windows 10 virtual machine using Oracle's VirtualBox. I just can't seem to get the USB ports to function in that mode. Has anyone been successful doing this and running ProScan or something similar?

Thanks!

Code:
sudo apt install virtualbox-ext-pack

run that, then go into your Windows VM setting and check either USB 2.0 or 3.0. May need to reboot first.
Screenshot_Windows 10 - Settings_1.png

when you boot your Windows VM, go up to the top menu on the window, hit devices, go to USB, and click the USB device you want to connect to your Windows VM. Couldn't be easier, I've never had any problems ever making this work.

Status
Not open for further replies.