Windows 7 Audio Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nysff

I have Windows 7 now and keep getting messages that my audio is to high and makes it sound crappy.
I tried to lower it but my recording devices and odd cast volume bar is at the very lowest and it's still pretty loud.

You would think if they both are tuned down i wouldn't hear anything at all but thats not the case here, however if i turn them up, it does get louder.

Anyone have this problem and/or know how to correct it?

Thanks in Advance

Nysff

thanks but I really dont see my issue in there. I have audio and I know the setup process. I need to fix the audio volume slidder issue. Why does my Audio come through so loud when each level is set at Zero?

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Have you try turrning down the recording volume on the computer in your audio settings? i dont have windows 7 so im not sure exactly where to direct you to that:).

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
thanks but I really dont see my issue in there. I have audio and I know the setup process. I need to fix the audio volume slidder issue. Why does my Audio come through so loud when each level is set at Zero?
Sounds good down here. Try changing Win 7 sound settings to 50% Default is as in image.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Are you using line-in jack or the mic jack for your scanner when plugging it into your computer? If you are using the mic jack, there is a setting for mic gain, you might need to turn it down.

If you are using the line-in jack, then the scanner volume itself might be too high.

Windows 7 sound settings are much different than previous versions (well not so much vista) and getting it tuned right can be a real pain in the butt to do. I have my scanners hooked up to my XP desktop and have few sound problems with it.

Hopefully, someone has given you some information that will fix your problem. Good luck and happy scanning!

Nysff

Are you using line-in jack or the mic jack for your scanner when plugging it into your computer? If you are using the mic jack, there is a setting for mic gain, you might need to turn it down.

If you are using the line-in jack, then the scanner volume itself might be too high.

Windows 7 sound settings are much different than previous versions (well not so much vista) and getting it tuned right can be a real pain in the butt to do. I have my scanners hooked up to my XP desktop and have few sound problems with it.

Hopefully, someone has given you some information that will fix your problem. Good luck and happy scanning!

I'm using the Record jack from my BCT15 to my Line in Jack, Not the Mic jack!
If you listen to my Audio on my feed. Thats everything at Zero. When my computer resets it bumps it to like 20% and it just Screams into the computer. Is it possible to turn down the Record volume in the scanner maybe?

I'm still stumped on why I hear audio when everything is at zero. Cause at Zero everything would pretty much be muted.

Nysff

if your read my last post, I asked if it's possible to turn down the Record volume on the scanner itself. If it is, How do I do it

n0nhp

It may be necessary to build an attenuation pad. The easiest way would be to put in a multiturn pot with the audio input on one leg, Ground on the other and audio to the computer on the wiper. A guess would have it at 100Kohm although that might be too touchy.
I have had no problems with Win7 audio although I am not currently using it for my feed computer.

Good Luck
Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.