Windows 7 line in

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

Anyone know how to add "Line In" to the Windows 7 sound, I used to have it but somehow it disappeared. I have an old computer with Windows 7 and I would like to set it up with a discriminator tapped scanner. The computer has a microphone in port. I have tried left click on the general tab in the sound settings to see all disabled items and there is no microphone setting.

Also I have another computer ( desktop ) with Windows 7, is there anyway I could copy that version of the file I am looking for and install it in the other computer?

Thanks
MB

bharvey2

If you right click the speaker icon on the lower right corner of your screen, do you get an option for "recording devices" ? You may be able to enable Line In from there.

moonbounce

No, there is no option for " recording devices ". I did have " Line in " before but I think that was before I bought a Windows 7 disc and put that on the computer. My desktop has a port for " Line In " and in Windows 7 it also had a setting for Line In, and after I upgraded to Windows 10, that setting was still there, strange that it wouldn't be there on my laptop.

MB

bharvey2

You've done an upgrade? If that's true, it could be that the upgrade only installed the basic audio drive to get the sound working. If you have the model of the laptop (that's correct isn't it?) You might try going on the manufacturer's website and find the audio and motherboard chipset drivers for that model and install them.

moonbounce

You've done an upgrade? If that's true, it could be that the upgrade only installed the basic audio drive to get the sound working. If you have the model of the laptop (that's correct isn't it?) You might try going on the manufacturer's website and find the audio and motherboard chipset drivers for that model and install them.

Thanks I do have the model number and I will try that.

MB

ilgrant

Go to control panel and then click the Sound icon. If it supports it then you'll find it there. Also check Device Manager and make sure the driver isn't a generic one. If it is then follow bharvey2's advice and see if you can get the correct driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.