Windows 7 users hit by 'black screen of death'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepdx

Frustrated Windows 7 users are facing 'black screens of death' after logging on to their computers,
Microsoft has confirmed.

The software giant said they were investigating a disabling glitch that seems to
particularly affect its latest operating system.

However, they have denied reports that its latest monthly security update
has caused the serious system problems.

Microsoft wrote in a blog posting: 'We have conducted a comprehensive review of the November Security
Updates, the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, and the non-security updates we released
through Windows Update in November.

Windows 7 users facing 'black screens of death' | Mail Online

lgentle

I think I got hit with it! PITA!!!!!

One morning when I got on my computer, AVG had updated and needed to restart the PC, so, I restarted and I got my normal select user screen, put in my password, then nothing! Black screen.

Luckily, I had enabled the administrator account juuuussssttt in case (disabled by default). I could successfully login using the adminstrator account, move all my documents and delete my profile.

Restarted my PC and logged in as myself again. Viola! Of couse, everything was like "brand new" and had to "reinstall" during "first runs".

Seems something happens to profiles. At least in my case.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Windows 7 Problem

I think I got hit with it! PITA!!!!!

One morning when I got on my computer, AVG had updated and needed to restart the PC, so, I restarted and I got my normal select user screen, put in my password, then nothing! Black screen.

Luckily, I had enabled the administrator account juuuussssttt in case (disabled by default). I could successfully login using the adminstrator account, move all my documents and delete my profile.

Restarted my PC and logged in as myself again. Viola! Of couse, everything was like "brand new" and had to "reinstall" during "first runs".

Seems something happens to profiles. At least in my case.

I updated from Vista to Window 7 Home Premium on my HP Pavilion dv7 notebook two months ago and have not experienced any problems so far.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.