Windows 8.1 full or RT

Status
Not open for further replies.

K7TKR

Premium Subscriber
I'm using Win500 on an 8.1 machine and not having any issues at all. Not sure what your asking so going by the thread title.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Windows RT is NOT the full version of Windows 8. All it can run are apps from the Mircrosft Store and Mircrosft Word, Powerpoint, etc.

If you want to run Scanner Programming Software, you need to buy a Tablet with Windows 8.1.

Anvil

Premium Subscriber
I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro with Win 8.1 Pro and have used ARC536Pro, Sentinel and Scanner Screen. Connecting to rear serial port with StarTech null modem/USB adapter FTDI. I'm also using ProScan with 396 & 996 so I think the 536 version will work when it comes out. No problems after I stopped using front USB.

N8IAA

Thanks, all. I didn't think that RT would work. Nice to know there is another serial port on the Dell Venue.
Larry

N8IAA

I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro with Win 8.1 Pro and have used ARC536Pro, Sentinel and Scanner Screen. Connecting to rear serial port with StarTech null modem/USB adapter FTDI. I'm also using ProScan with 396 & 996 so I think the 536 version will work when it comes out. No problems after I stopped using front USB.

The only serial port is the micro USB on that tablet. Having held one in my hand, I didn't see any other than the headphone and SD card port. Enlighten me please.
Larry

mm

n8ia beat me to that answer. I am on a venue 8 pro right now and there is no other serial or USB port, only the single USB/charging port near the on/off button and volume up/down.

no issues here using a ftdi USB to serial adapter.

N8IAA

The problem I would find is that not only to I have Uniden scanners that came with the serial cable, but, I program GRE/RS scanners that use a USB only. This is why I asked.
Larry

Anvil

Premium Subscriber
I was referring to the serial port on the 536. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.