Windows 8 scanner feed app

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
Just installed windows 8 and is by far the best (in my opinion) that microsoft has released and i like it..It has an app store like the android store but no one that i am aware of has developed an app for windows 8..Anyone heard of anything in the works?Thanks

Astrak

Any X86/X64 program that worked for older versions of Windows will work in Win8, it just won't be "Metroized". I don't even think the marketplace is open for developers to submit apps yet.

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
Windows 8 is still in "Consumer Preview" (Beta) release. There's no incentive for software developers to rewrite their existing, fully debugged, well-accepted products just because a few "early adopters" have foolishly jumped to Windows 8 without understanding all the ramifications of that decision. This is especially true for non "main-stream" applications like web-casting software.

It could be a loooooong time before Windows 8 is officially released and mostly debugged. Until then you'll have to accept the fact that there are programs which won't run in the Beta release and nobody is going to jump to your aid to fix them until the official release is out and stable.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but this is a common problem every time a new software platform is released early to a limited number of unpaid beta-testers. Macintosh O/S updates caused innumerable such problems over the years as they totally revamped all their driver systems with each new release. Get used to it I guess or go back to Win-7 or Vista, XP etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.