Windows compatibility with radio software?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure why, but I'm considering upgrading(?) my Windows 10 to Windows 11. Has this been a problem for anyone here on RR? Is there any common scanner/radio software that just will not run on Windows 11? How about radio hardware, any known issues? Those of you that have switched to Windows 11 from 10, was there any benefit? Would you do it again or leave well enough alone. My DELL Precision 5820 workstation is compatible with Windows 11 so that is not a concern.

Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Is there any common scanner/radio software that just will not run on Windows 11?

I am using the latest Win11 build (10.0.22621) and use the following software (latest versions) with no issues at all:

Proscan
Both versions of Home Patrol Sentinel
5 different Butel ARC programs
Starrsoft WIN500
PSREdit500
Freescan

As far as hardware, some serial to USB programming cables need to be updated to current hardware with the latest drivers. As an example, the original OEM Uniden USB-1 cables (more than 10-12 years old) wont work with newer OS, the old chips and drivers are no longer supported. The older PC/IF programming cables for Radio Shack / GRE still function normally.

No issues with any scanners or other receivers.

If you are using Sentinel, once you upgrade to Win11 you might have to install the older .NET framework (version 2.0), check here for that:

No problems or issues at all going from Win10 to Win11. I have only 1 computer left with Win10 on it, and far prefer using Win11. The very first time I tried Win11, I put a 2nd SSD drive in one computer running Win10 and set up a dual boot with Win11 on the new drive. Loaded up all the same software on Win11 to compare user interface and performance. After about a week of using Win11, I never looked back.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I am running a XPS 8950 Dell Computer with windows 11 and have had no problems with running SDRuno software or running my SDRplay RSPdx HF Receiver, also no problems running Sentinel scanner software or Proscan scanner software.
Steve

K7MFC

WRAA720
ProScan is working great on Windows 11 for me! Connent Systems and Alinco software also have no issues. I’d recommend a clean Windows 11 install however, not an upgrade.

VE2KF

VE2KF
J'utilise la dernière version de Win11 (10.0.22621) et j'utilise le logiciel suivant (dernières versions) sans aucun problème :

Proscan
Les deux versions de Home Patrol Sentinel
5 programmes Butel ARC différents
Starsoft WIN500
PSREdit500
Analyse gratuite

En ce qui concerne le matériel, certains câbles de programmation série vers USB doivent être mis à jour vers le matériel actuel avec les derniers pilotes. À titre d'exemple, les câbles OEM Uniden USB-1 d'origine (âgés de plus de 10 à 12 ans) ne fonctionneront pas avec les systèmes d'exploitation les plus récents, les anciennes puces et pilotes ne sont plus pris en charge. Les anciens câbles de programmation PC/IF pour Radio Shack / GRE fonctionnent toujours normalement.

Aucun problème avec les scanners ou autres récepteurs.

Si vous utilisez Sentinel, une fois la mise à niveau vers Win11 effectuée, vous devrez peut-être installer l'ancien framework .NET (version 2.0), vérifiez cela ici :

Aucun problème ni problème du tout pour passer de Win10 à Win11. Il ne me reste qu'un seul ordinateur avec Win10 et je préfère de loin utiliser Win11. La toute première fois que j'ai essayé Win11, j'ai installé un deuxième disque SSD sur un ordinateur exécutant Win10 et configuré un double démarrage avec Win11 sur le nouveau disque. J'ai chargé le même logiciel sur Win11 pour comparer l'interface utilisateur et les performances. Après environ une semaine d’utilisation de Win11, je n’ai jamais regardé en arrière.O

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
OH! With Windows 11 error: access violation at 0x72b9ea06 (tried to write to 0x000a0a0ffc), program terminated. With PSREdit 500 and test with Windows 11 tells me incompatible??
I'm using PSREdit 500 on Win 11 here and have never had any problems. Not sure this solution would apply to you or the PSREdit 500 software but it might be worth a try:

Some Canadian users running Win 11 with certain regional settings in the OS were having problems with Uniden's Sentinel software not running. It turned out that their regional settings used a comma in place of a decimal point character, and that was causing software crashes.

Read this thread from this post down to the end :

Again, just a shot in the dark and might not apply to your specific situation with PSREdit 500.

VE2KF

VE2KF
J'utilise PSREdit 500 sur Win 11 ici et je n'ai jamais eu de problèmes. Je ne suis pas sûr que cette solution s'applique à vous ou au logiciel PSREdit 500, mais cela vaut peut-être la peine d'essayer :

Certains utilisateurs canadiens exécutant Win 11 avec certains paramètres régionaux du système d'exploitation rencontraient des problèmes avec le logiciel Sentinel d'Uniden qui ne fonctionnait pas. Il s’est avéré que leurs paramètres régionaux utilisaient une virgule à la place du point décimal, ce qui provoquait des pannes logicielles.

Lisez ce fil de ce post jusqu'à la fin :

Encore une fois, juste une photo dans le noir et pourrait ne pas s'appliquer à votre situation spécifique avec PSR-500

VE2KF

VE2KF
Thank you very much, it's fixed
I'm using PSREdit 500 on Win 11 here and have never had any problems. Not sure this solution would apply to you or the PSREdit 500 software but it might be worth a try:

Some Canadian users running Win 11 with certain regional settings in the OS were having problems with Uniden's Sentinel software not running. It turned out that their regional settings used a comma in place of a decimal point character, and that was causing software crashes.

Read this thread from this post down to the end :

Again, just a shot in the dark and might not apply to your specific situation with PSREdit 500.
thank you very much, it's fixed