Windows Defender keep quarantining FMP24.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

M105

About once a week Windows Defender running on Win 10 detects Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A in FMP24 and removes it. I tell it to allow and restore it. Everything is fine until it runs another scan the next week and removes it. I have copied over FMP24 from the original zip distribution but it makes no difference. Anybody else having this issue?

wgbecks

Not having any issues here with Windows Defender here, and I two of my friends are also running DSDPlus FL on WIndows 10 and are not having any issues. We setup our DSDPlus folders directly under the root. C:\DSDPlus to avoid any security issues that can occur had we used the program folders.

a417

Windows Security --> Virus & Threat Protection --> Manage Settings --> Exclusions --> Add an Exclusion (you can exclude files, folders, file types or processes)

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
About once a week Windows Defender running on Win 10 detects Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A in FMP24 and removes it. I tell it to allow and restore it. Everything is fine until it runs another scan the next week and removes it. I have copied over FMP24 from the original zip distribution but it makes no difference. Anybody else having this issue?

I had the exact same thing happen to me with FMP24. The fix was to force Defender to ignore my DSDPlus folder. Ironically, I had recently killed off Bit Defender because it was always flagging JTAlert despite me telling it not to. All is well now with both apps.

M105

Thanks for the replies. At least I know that others have a similar issue with it. What irks me is that even when I have told WDefender to allow it to exist, a week later it will trigger again. Perhaps it is getting a different behavior, signature, or whatever. I have tried to keep the machine I am running it on fairly clean so am running just the basic defender and no other anti-virus. I will dig a little deeper and see if I can set it to ignore the whole folder.

a417

Thanks for the replies. At least I know that others have a similar issue with it. What irks me is that even when I have told WDefender to allow it to exist, a week later it will trigger again. Perhaps it is getting a different behavior, signature, or whatever. I have tried to keep the machine I am running it on fairly clean so am running just the basic defender and no other anti-virus. I will dig a little deeper and see if I can set it to ignore the whole folder.
Coincidentally was the instruction to ignore the program before the update rolled out? If it sees a new executable AFTER it was told to ignore with a new checksum, it assumes it's a new program...so it alerted.

Ignore the folder (or you could try the process name - don't know, never tried) and see if it does it again.

M105

Yes, it started after the latest edition of FMP24 was released. I set it to ignore the folder, the file, and the process name. Maybe that will slow it down.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.