Windows Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I am sure that this has come up before,I am using a Samsung I910 verizon Window's mobile 6.1.
And I would like to stream live audio on my phone, what program do I need to use to get this working, Please make this a sticky so everyone will know what to do.How about a Mobile forum in a sticky format.

Thanks, Ken

Astrak

There is a million(probably not that many) options for Windows Mobile. Also check out sites like PPCgeeks.com or XDA developers and others that have customizations and programs for Windows Mobile.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Thanks for all of the great info guy's, I will look it over on the long weekend this week Happy Thanksgiving.

Skibum

I'm happy to help you get streaming from Media Encoder to your Windows Mobile device.

The trick that I found to easy streaming from media encoder is to trick the p[hones media player into thinking that you are sending an .asf file and not just a live stream.

Setup Windows Media Encoder to stream your audio (or audio and video) at a bitrate that your device can handle. Audio can be streamed at a really low bitrate, but I prefer to use at least 20k for audio. (Gives a better sound) For your output select an unused port(Pull from encoder). I like to use 8085.
If you have a router or firewall open it up to allow for connections to port 8085 to the machine that is running the encoder. Check that your stream is working from a PC first by using media player to connect to your external IP address (You can use dyndns or similar) If your IP is 55.66.77.88 then have media player connect to http://55.66.77.88:8085. You should see or hear your stream.
Once you have confirmed that you can stream to another PC outside of your local network you can then try to receive the stream on your Windows Mobile device. If you use the same address you will see that it does not work.(Parameter is incorrect) The trick that I found works (at least on my Sprint Diamond it does) is to add to the address: stream.asf

So from your mobile device try accessing http://55.66.77.88:8085/stream.asf

You should now be hearing and or seeing your live stream. :)

If you only are after the live streams available here, use GSPlayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.