Windsor Essex EMS Tone Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosco836

A friend of mine has come across an old VHF mobile radio from a decommissioned St. John Ambulance unit. Although most of the frequencies programmed into it appear to be inactive, there is one channel that picks up the tone outs for Windsor Essex EMS.

Does anyone know what this frequency is?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yep, more than likely 149.440. That's pretty much SWO wide (not sure if it's Ontario wide or not).

bosco836

Thanks for the quick replies....I've been monitoring the frequency for the past 10 + minutes or so - so far nothing....but we'll see.

bosco836

I suppose so! Although....it is quite surprising considering how much activity we heard earlier today.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Does Windsor fire do a lot of medical runs? It seems the majority of the calls London fire goes on these days are for medical first response stuff.

bosco836

Yeah. I would say a good portion of their calls are medical in nature; although, our tiered response system only has them responding to VSAs, MVCs, unresponsive persons, situations where EMS may be responding from a distance, etc.

bosco836

I just heard a run go out over 149.440 for Windsor Essex EMS. Thanks for everyone's help.

On a side note: is there a reason why this is not in the database?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Pretty much the same as London then... they only respond to similar type calls. Can be interesting though since we can't listen to police (obviously you guys are in the same boat now too).

bosco836

Yeah. Although - we are still able to pick up LaSalle Police on VHF down here - so we do get a fair bit of Police action.

crossfire291

I've been in London and Windsor recently, and programed the EMS freqs into my analog scanner, and haven't picked up a thing. I get Sarnia, and Chatham fine. Is London and Windsor digital?

Forts - It does seem like London and Windsor Fire respond to mostly VSA and MVC medical calls. Sarnia is pretty much the same. But Chatham does pretty much everything medical.

bosco836

Windsor-Essex EMS is digital in regards to their talk groups (although there are reports of people being able to pick up anologe output on UHF (not VHF) if they are close to an ambulance off the mobile repeater; however, I have not been able to verify this myself.

The only thing I can verify with 100% certainty is that 149.440 is still in use in Windsor Essex on a regular basis for station tone-outs.

Up until 2003, LaSalle Fire (next to Windsor) did a lot of medical stuff besides your typical VSA, MVC, etc; although, as of late - the tiered response protocols appear to have changed, presumably in an effort to cut costs I would imagine.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Windsor EMS is on Fleetnet... it won't be digital.

MOH Windsor CACC Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
35040 88e A WIN CACC CACC EMS Dispatch
35056 88f A WIN CITY City EMS Dispatch
35072 890 A WIN ESSEX Essex EMS Dispatch
35088 891 A WIN TAC 1 Tactical 1 EMS-Tac
35104 892 A WIN TAC 2 Tactical 2 EMS-Tac
35120 893 A WIN TAC 3 Tactical 3 EMS-Tac
35136 894 A WIN SPARE Spare EMS Dispatch

bosco836

I'm sorry for the inaccuracy in my previous post. I was under the (false) assumption that Fleetnet was digital. I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.