windsor locks ems 154,115

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefox2163

hearing strange noise on 154.115 windsorlocks ems sounds digital can anyone tell me what it is or whats going on thanks?

scanner404

Feed Provider
I think you are just hearing interference from some sort of electronic object. I hear the same sort of thing on occasion, whenever my TV is going. They are not digital and as far as I know, they do not plan on going there any time soon.

Last edited:

bluefox2163

windsorlocks ems

when i move the scanner around it goes away sometimes,thats in newbritian but im still hearing the same noise on my scanners at my apt in berlin so i dont know what could be causing this....

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Start unpluging items in your apt and see when it goes away. The inteference can also be caused from somethin in another apartment or location.

Another solution, purchase a scanner that support "CTCSS" aka "PL" tones. This will improve your listening,

MarkB513

I've noticed that digital sound as well. It's always right after someone transmits and it stops as soon as the repeater PL kicks in (and then the repeater stops transmitting of course). Another agency could be operating a digital system on the input frequency. Recently I tried monitoring a few bus companies and was surprised to find they weren't transmitting analog or monitorable digital for that matter. Since the input frequency is 155.205, very common for transportation, maybe it's possible.

APX7500X2

I've noticed that digital sound as well. It's always right after someone transmits and it stops as soon as the repeater PL kicks in (and then the repeater stops transmitting of course). Another agency could be operating a digital system on the input frequency. Recently I tried monitoring a few bus companies and was surprised to find they weren't transmitting analog or monitorable digital for that matter. Since the input frequency is 155.205, very common for transportation, maybe it's possible.

Mark- Many school bus companies in the greater waterbury area are going Mototrbo for operations.
I also see some public works departments going mototrbo also.

bluefox2163

its very strange it is also hearing it berlin it seems unlikely that i will be able to recieve any transmission from windsorlocks ems due to the strength of this signal it will blow it right out,the strange thing is that when i move the scanner around i can find a spot where i do not hear it,

Status
Not open for further replies.