Windsor Scanner Company??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Here is a reply to a scanner I'm selling from a guy in Windsor:

"Cool, I talked to the guy that runs Windsor Scanner, he said there's one open Windsor Police freq. It's an auxiliary talk or something. Is there a way to possible purchase this scanner from you safely, since I live in Windsor?"

I sure would like to know what type of radios Windsor Scanner are selling to hear the Windsor Police, because they are encrypted.

tdctfd

There is one frequency used by auxiliary traffic and the odd information messages. I also was not aware of anyone in Windsor selling scanners. I pick up the police frequency on my Uniden BCD 436HP.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
There is one frequency used by auxiliary traffic and the odd information messages. I also was not aware of anyone in Windsor selling scanners. I pic the police frequency on my uniden bcd 436.
So in other words you are not hearing 99.9% of any Windsor Police stuff. Maybe only things like special events, parades?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Windsor Scanner Company.

Has a Facebook page and a website which appears to have expired.

Here's a blurb from Facebook promoting CCR's:

For only $25, you don’t need to break the bank to get an awesome police scanner or walkie talkie. The Retevis RT-22 and Baofeng BF-888S are the most economical units on the market.

As a scanner, they will get OPP, EMS, MTO, Essex County Fire, local businesses, HAM, Southfield Police & Fire and much more.

As a walkie talkie, they will work with other common walkie talkies. Security codes can be added for privacy.

$25 includes our expert programming services. Both units include antenna, charger, belt clip and manual.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Seems legit. :p

Windsor Scanner Company.

Has a Facebook page and a website which appears to have expired.

Here's a blurb from Facebook promoting CCR's:

For only $25, you don’t need to break the bank to get an awesome police scanner or walkie talkie. The Retevis RT-22 and Baofeng BF-888S are the most economical units on the market.

As a scanner, they will get OPP, EMS, MTO, Essex County Fire, local businesses, HAM, Southfield Police & Fire and much more.

As a walkie talkie, they will work with other common walkie talkies. Security codes can be added for privacy.

$25 includes our expert programming services. Both units include antenna, charger, belt clip and manual.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
When WPS does a citywide BOLO etc they usually patch in the talkgroup for the auxillary officers, which isn't encrypted. Definitely better than nothing, but it's also a big tease haha

Status
Not open for further replies.