Windsor wants digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrweather

From today's Windsor Star:

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/story.html?id=1ff77f15-f9bf-4149-a182-ba56ac296930

City Council is being urged to spend $10 million for a wholesale upgrade to digital. Apparently coverage is spotty in the south end of the city where there's been new development since the current system went live in 1995.

I was living at home (in Windsor) and remember when they switched over from their ancient VHF gear. I was forced to upgrade to a 800-capable but non-trunking scanner. :)

Was the BC-235 even out then?

tusker305

Anybody want to sell your digital rig now? I am paying $50 for any rig in working order.
Better get it while the getting is good. When the new encrypted system ( considering recent events, you know it will be encrypted ) comes online, the price will drop to that of a flashing paper weight. Come one, come all, Cash on the barrel. THE LINE FORMS HERE.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't be so quick to offload your gear.

The value won't drop, you'll just have to consider a market outside your area - there are still places a POS Type I maxtrac are worth gold.

tusker305

Kris there was a day when I liked you, but it's not today $201.00. If you keep helping me were gonna go broke try'n to get cheap stuff. hahahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.