Windsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconrider

I think you can check their fcc license you will I see any pending changes or anything new

cg

Premium Subscriber
They are licensed and voter approved for a PD/FD/EMS/DPW 700MHz P25 trunked system and a separate BOE DMR system. They stated they had the DMR system in place for the schools and had promised regular updates via the Town Managers updates. Not a mention since the beginning of the pandemic.

chris

matt04

Premium Subscriber
As of last week, I couldn't pick up a control channel and i live 10 ish miles away and can pick up Airline ops at BDL. They appear to be licensed for a 50w site at the airport, so if it was online I should be able to hear it.

cg

Premium Subscriber
All on Town of Windsor properties:
750 Rainbow Rd is Poquonock FD station 2.
99 Day Hill Rd is the Windsor DPW
50 Pine lane is the tower to the rear of the Wilson FD station on Rt 218

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
The system is transmitting, and has been added to the database

Thanks for the update. Has anyone actually heard the control channel? Wondering how the programming Is done without TG’s and service assignments. I assigned a service and set “Search” for ID but I’m wondering if I’m going about it correctly. I intended on capturing the TG’s when I heard transmits and assign the dept names, that’s not too hard to discern but I first need to receive the system.

PhillyPhoto

Thanks for the update. Has anyone actually heard the control channel? Wondering how the programming Is done without TG’s and service assignments. I assigned a service and set “Search” for ID but I’m wondering if I’m going about it correctly. I intended on capturing the TG’s when I heard transmits and assign the dept names, that’s not too hard to discern but I first need to receive the system.
As long as it's set to "ID Search" and not "ID Scan", it should automatically pickup any talkgroup when they start talking.

I get a weak signal from one of my computers, but it does pick up the system. I'll keep an eye on it and see what gets logged.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
As long as it's set to "ID Search" and not "ID Scan", it should automatically pickup any talkgroup when they start talking.

I get a weak signal from one of my computers, but it does pick up the system. I'll keep an eye on it and see what gets logged.
your located in Wethersfield correct?

cg

Premium Subscriber
getting it in Granby on DSDPlus. One affiliation so far on a single TGID
None of the sites are very high up but should be decent coverage.

chris

n1chu

Premium Subscriber

Great! Thanks for the help. I was under the impression ID Search/Scan were different than TG Search/Scan... I guess if I add a TG, something made up, I might then get the options of TG Search/Scan? Or does the scanner (SDS200) default to Search when no TG’s are listed? I see from the automatic download from RR that only the control channel is listed ... while I understand that’s all the scanner needs to follow the system, would it hurt to add the other frequencies I see listed for the system? (I don’t think that Logical Channel Numbers apply for a P25 system but I entered them in the order they were found just in case.

I will enter the system again without adding anything at all, and see what I can hear... and then report back to all here. I am using the ARC Butel software but will also try with Sentinel.

Status
Not open for further replies.