Winnebago County/Rockford Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltginrage

Hi,
So when a call goes out on Winnebago County/Rockford Fire Dispatch the dispater says a code such as Adam Zebra 49 or Adam Xray 67. Does anyone know what these codes mean? Also, does anyone have a "more accurate" list of the Rockford Fire 10 codes?

hightime

If you would go to the Winnebago County database page, and just under the link for FCC license, there is a WIKI link. That link gives you info on how the county assigned phonics for the county.

ltginrage

Never thought of it being a geo code or something like that. But that makes sense.

ltginrage

If you would go to the Winnebago County database page, and just under the link for FCC license, there is a WIKI link. That link gives you info on how the county assigned phonics for the county.
You mean this wiki button? 86433 It's not in there......

ltginrage

Is there a way to find out the geocode system because there is no information on it in the wiki

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Asking the department would be the best way, but might take a FOIA request.

ltginrage

It would probly be easier to start another project and just map out each code to area of the call.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
It would probly be easier to start another project and just map out each code to area of the call.

There something online we can use that multiple people can edit it?

Or would this be more of a thing for each of us to do on our own?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
You could probably share Google Sheets from Google drive to several people. Each edit would show up on each persons computer when they load the file.

ltginrage

What about Google's MyMaps? Map the location of the call to the code used. I'm familiar with it and I know how to start a collaborative project if you all are interested in doing it. I would be able to explain how to use it if needed.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
What about Google's MyMaps? Map the location of the call to the code used. I'm familiar with it and I know how to start a collaborative project if you all are interested in doing it. I would be able to explain how to use it if needed.

Sounds good, can you create it and share the link? Or private message us with it?

I am down to helping out when I have free time.

Status
Not open for further replies.