Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Status
Not open for further replies.

canad

Just a shot in the dark, but does anyone know what type of radios they use @ CFL games?

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
From what I saw of a Winnipeg Blue Bombers game two years ago, the event staff were using Motorola MTS-2000 radios, which looked to have gain antennas on them. Judging from the looks, they may be on a UHF, 800, or maybe even a 900 MHz trunking system. Have you searched through those areas when there is a game in progress? However, I would suspect that since the system is probably designed to cover the area around the stadium, it's more than likely a low-power system. Therefore, you would have to be in the nearby area.

73's

Ron

RBerezowski

Thunderbolt said:
From what I saw of a Winnipeg Blue Bombers game two years ago, the event staff were using Motorola MTS-2000 radios, which looked to have gain antennas on them. Judging from the looks, they may be on a UHF, 800, or maybe even a 900 MHz trunking system. Have you searched through those areas when there is a game in progress? However, I would suspect that since the system is probably designed to cover the area around the stadium, it's more than likely a low-power system. Therefore, you would have to be in the nearby area.

73's

Ron

It may not be much help, but here in Regina at Sask Roughrider games the event staff are using rented radios from a local wireless supplier. This includes security. Most of these radios operate on shared UHF (450-470 MHz) simplex frequencies (often 453.xxxx, 458.xxxx, 464.xxxx, and 469.xxxx ranges).

I doubt the Blue Bombers would buy their own radios when they could be rented, or donated by a sponsor, as the Rouighriders do.

Rob

jets1961

about 10 years ago 151.085 Mhz

Like subject say I copied the Bomers locker room on 151.085 LPU frequency.

Joe

jets1961

right inside lower east deck

I was right inside... I think you could get a copy for a mile or so with stock antenna. If you have a base discone or VHF them much farter out.... VHF is nice for that.

Joe

canad said:
How far away from the stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.