Winscan RS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
A long while back I bought Winscan RS from Scannermaster for my Pro-2052. I've since lost the CD along with the key but am finding a need for it again these days.

Can anyone advise where I can it these days?

Thanks!

HavenBTS

Banned by a Super Duper Moderator
Banned
No, but that this is better.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
No, but that this is better.

Can you verify that it works under Windows 10?

HavenBTS

Banned
I actually can't, sorry. I will say that I have never had any problems with any programming software working on Windows 10. But that is just me I suppose. I know that many have problems with Windows 10.

HavenBTS

Banned
I don't know if this will answer your question as I don't have time to read it. I hope it helps and if it doesn't I apologize.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber

I was curious I have a PSR500 that I rarely use and wanted to see how this compared to other programs that I have used to program it. I will run under Windows 10. Disable your antivirus software and such until you have completed the install. One main drawback I see is there is no option to import data from the RR DB or any other source, so you'll be doing a lot of cut and pasting. I have gotten spoiled with easily importing the data I want with the click of a few buttons. On the upside, you can download a demo version that isn't restricted not sure how long the demo runs for maybe 30 days? Should be long enough to get the scanner programmed and working, and see if you want to pay for the license.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

I'm almost positive it does not. I had a really big collection of scanner software, both free & paid for that I collected over decades. About two years ago I tried installing/runnng them one by one and about half of them no longer worked nor did that have updates that would work.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
I'm almost positive it does not. I had a really big collection of scanner software, both free & paid for that I collected over decades. About two years ago I tried installing/runnng them one by one and about half of them no longer worked nor did that have updates that would work.

I have Windows 10 on my laptop and it installed just fine.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
ScanControl logs and controls my PRO-2052 on my Windows 10 (21H1) computer as shown in the screenshot.

Controlling PRO2052.jpg

Windows 10 will not open the help file because .hlp files are no longer supported. The demo version of ScanControl would only program three of the ten banks in my BC898T. The full version has no such limit. There are ways to import CSV files and there is a DataGrabber function that might be able to copy from the RadioRef database. ScanControl was last updated in 2009 so things may have changed with the RR database to break the DataGrabber function. The full manual for ScanControl is here: http://www.scannersoft.com/ScanCtrl Users Guide NON_DMA.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.