Winston Salem/Forsyth Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonaustin

I was in Winston Salem recently with my pro-106 and neither of the default nor the Splintr trunking tables were working for the bandplan in use there. I read in the Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual that I need to use implicit tables, but I have no clue how to do this. I just saw this:http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...nded-motorola-trunked-systems.html#post753197, but had a few questions about it:
1. For some reason I beleived that the WS system used a 9600 baud CC, am I correct? if so, How do I compensate?
2. I am using the Pro-106 with no software and this says I need the 96 software. Is there any reason programming it into the pro-106 by hand wouldn't work? I believe that I have seen all of those settings in the custom "t table" menu.
3. I am an engineering student, Can somebody explain to me in slightly clearer terms how the channel assignments work? I am dying to know how this works. (not to mention that if I know this, I should be able to figure out how to make the tables.)

Thanks for your help,
Gordon Austin

Last edited:

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
Winston Salem is not using 9600 baud. They are currently still using 3600 baud. For the Pro 106/PSR 500 line, you'd need to enter the system as a type II, not a full p25. If you pull up the system in the database, you'll notice a very few analog talkgroups. Full p25 will have only digital talkgroups in use with no analog capability. As for the programming software, there is Win 500 and PSR Edit that might help you. Win 96 will only work for the Pro 96 and the mobile version Pro 2096. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure the programming thing out totally myself or I'd be glad to help you. Hopefully some others will chime in about the programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.