Winston-Salem listening

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I'll be out there in October and was wondering what I can put into my BCD325P2. I remember years ago the PD would play their scanner feed on the local cable channel. I do not know what is active, encrypted or worth listening to out there anymore. I have an RR subscription so I can dump a lot in the scanner fairly easily.

Thanks.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I remeber that too. The channel would scroll community announcements and had the audio of PD and City Fire.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Very little traffic is encrypted in Forsyth county... only a few special WSPD TAC channels are. There is nothing of any consequence on analog with the exception on 154.205 MHz which simulcasts all Forsyth Fire traffic. Most neighboring counties are mostly on VIPER with the exception of Yadkin county which still uses analog. There is a fair bit of DMR (Wake Forest Campus Police, Novant Health Security, Winston-Salem State University, etc) and a dash of NXDN (Fleet Talk and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center).

JDrisc3480

I'll be out there in October and was wondering what I can put into my BCD325P2. I remember years ago the PD would play their scanner feed on the local cable channel. I do not know what is active, encrypted or worth listening to out there anymore. I have an RR subscription so I can dump a lot in the scanner fairly easily.

Thanks.
It must have been interesting hearing the PD scanner feed on the local cable channel.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
It was. They had PD Dispatch and City Fire Dispatch streamed on that public access channel.

Wirenut620

Premium Subscriber
Very little traffic is encrypted in Forsyth county... only a few special WSPD TAC channels are. There is nothing of any consequence on analog with the exception on 154.205 MHz which simulcasts all Forsyth Fire traffic. Most neighboring counties are mostly on VIPER with the exception of Yadkin county which still uses analog. There is a fair bit of DMR (Wake Forest Campus Police, Novant Health Security, Winston-Salem State University, etc) and a dash of NXDN (Fleet Talk and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center).
Very good description sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.