Winter Weather forecast 1-28 to 1-29-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

With the approaching winter weather they're calling for I thought maybe we could gather some freq's or TRS talkgroups (per county or statewide on VIPER) that may see more activity once the weather picks up tomorrow..........

Rowan County / City of Salisbury:

Rowan County Fire Dispatch - VHF 154.2500 (12.5khz) TG 1296 on Rowan Salisbury TRS
Rowan EMS/Rescue Dispatch - VHF 155.7150 (12.5) TG 1488 on Rowan Salisbury TRS
Salisbury (City) Fire Dispatch - TG 752 - Rowan Salisbury TRS ONLY
Rowan County/City of Salisbury Fire & EMS Ops - OPS 1-35 on Rowan Salisbury TRS

Alternate on scene OPS may include:
Rowan County VHF FG 1 - 154.0700 ( 12.5 KHz )
Rowan County VHF FG 2 - 153.7700 ( 12.5 KHz )
NC State Rescue (aka 280) - 155.2800 ( 12.5 KHz )
NC State Fire - 154.2800 ( 12.5 KHz )

*** Right now we are in the process of upgrading our TRS to P25. There are some newer TG's in use now that aren't listed in the DB yet, simply because I've got 100% confirmation of use by department(s). If you are monitoring our system you may want to put your scanner into search mode as there are multitudes of other stuff that will pop up. Especially the Salisbury City Public Works talkgroups that don't see much action any other times.

As far as VIPER goes in Rowan, SHP (Troop E) will be active, but I haven't monitored much else besides them lately so I can't say with certainty what else may get used. Perhaps someone with more time that monitor VIPER on a regular basis can shed some light on this.

KM4WLV

Monitoring VIPER off the Salisbury (Troop E HQ) & Faith Mountain sites here in Rowan County and actually been surprised at what all I'm hearing. I'm hearing SHP from all over the state, where we usually only hear Troop E, D, and H most times. And we almost always have traffic from Iredell County on the Salisbury site. I've heard traffic from Wake County & Raleigh (City) this morning too, though it's been hit and miss.

I think I'll just leave my 396 in search mode the rest of the day.......

My winter storm monitoring post:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.