Wiping the slate clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

catken

Is there a way of deleting everything I may have done wrong and have someone else start over in the programing process. Thanks Ken

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Is there a way of deleting everything I may have done wrong and have someone else start over in the programing process. Thanks Ken

Well yeah, but on what??

n9zas

N8IAA

OK. Getting back to the OP's question, by all the questions he's posted today, I'm guessing he has a PSR-800:D
Larry

catken

My problem is that after importing the different agency's and go to scan,it says nothing to scan. The first time I tried to program it, it actually worked. It was after I inserted the dvd not knowing what I was doing that everything took a turn for the worse. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not and yes, my scanner is a PSR 800. I was just wondering if there is a way to reset it to the way I got it from the factory so I can get my 5 year old granddaughter to program it for me.

catken

OK, Somehow I got it back to where it will scan my scan list 001. How does one delete an entree that I don't want to listen to and I can't seem to scan scan list 002 or 003. Please help.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I deleted 5 nonsense posts in this topic and closed the cross posted query in the MN forum. Please stick to the subject at hand. To the OP, please don't cross post.

N8IAA

OK, Somehow I got it back to where it will scan my scan list 001. How does one delete an entree that I don't want to listen to and I can't seem to scan scan list 002 or 003. Please help.

Turn the scanner on. After it starts scanning, Press the Menu key, use the Down key to scroll to Scanlists. Press the > to advance to the Scanlists you programmed onto the card. Using the UP/DOWN keys, scroll to the scanlists you want to ENABLE. Press the SEL key. The boxes to the left of the scanlist will show check marks. When you have all scanlists enabled, press the Menu key then the >. The scanner will reload and begin scanning.
HTH,
Larry

catken

Larry: Thanks for your reply.I understand what you said. Lets say you have the airport on scan list 001 and you want to remove it and put it on 002. It says you can skip it when it locks in but does not remove it permanently. Can I not remove it permanently?

N8IAA

Larry: Thanks for your reply.I understand what you said. Lets say you have the airport on scan list 001 and you want to remove it and put it on 002. It says you can skip it when it locks in but does not remove it permanently. Can I not remove it permanently?

If you don't want what you have in scanlist 1, and want to put it into scanlist 2 You can delete what is in 1 by individually deleting, or highlighting the frequencies and deleting all in that scanlist. Then you can put something in from the library, or create your own scanlist with the software. Does that answer your question? I know that you have only had your scanner for a short time, and EZScan is a little bit different. I've learned a lot by reading what is answered here on RR and just playing with the scanner itself. As long as you have your program in the software, it can be named and saved. This way you don't lose all your work.
The most fun in learning your scanner is by trying different things and seeing how they work. The fact that there are 200 scanlists and I think 200 scansets? This scanner is awesome for all that it can hold. One of the things I truly don't like is the short battery life. If the contrast on the screen were better, and didn't need the backlight to see, it would be a great portable scanner for me.

Larry

catken

Deleating unwanted imports

Could you give me the page in the owners manual which discribes the process of deleating a unwanted import from the scanlist. Can not seem to find it.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Could you give me the page in the owners manual which discribes the process of deleating a unwanted import from the scanlist. Can not seem to find it.
What I think you have not communicated well enough is that you are interested in how to do this from the scanner itself.

Page 62 through 68 describes how you edit objects. One of the "edit" choices is delete. It is the last one described and is the last one on the scroll list, which means if you scroll up instead of down, you reach it a lot faster.

It is a little confusing to recognize when you are in the object browse (and hence edit) mode or in the regular main menu. At the top of the display when in the "regular" menu choices, you see "-Main Menu-"; when in the object edit mode you see "-Object Edit-".

The operation to delete something from a scan list is simple but involved, if you follow what I mean. Say you are scanning list 001 and you want to get rid of something you have in that scan list. Do the following:
  1. While it is scanning the list, press <MENU>
  2. Press the <DownArrow> 3 times then press <SEL>
  3. You are now in the "-Browser-" menu, using the <UpArrow> or <DownArrow>, navigate to the specific object you want to delete
  4. When you have the object you want to delete on the display, press <MENU>
  5. Press the <UpArrow> once and you are now selecting "Delete Object"
  6. Press <SEL> and then verify your decision to delete by pressing <SEL> again
  7. Wait for the scanner to complete the deletion and you are returned to the "-Browser-" area again. If that was the only object you wanted to delete then press <MENU> twice then select "Scan". If you wanted to delete something else in that scan list, go back to #3 and repeat.
Needless to say that all of this is much easier using the software, although for removal of a single object or even just a few, it is faster to do it on the radio than changing it in the software and then loading the radio again. I know that you expressed (above) a desire not to use a computer to program your radio, but in this case I would suggest that learn the little bit that you need to know to use the software, it will ease your pain considerably.

catken

Lou: Thanks for the reply. Have not yet been able to try your recommendations yet due to unforeseen circumstances. I just wanted you know when I do, I'll get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.