• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Wireless cameras and first responder bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin

I didn't know that wireless cameras were permitted on frequencies dedicated for first responders.
Here is the span of the 700 Mhz band and the low end is assigned to first responders but as you can see, a digital video signal 10 Mhz wide smack in this portion of the band.
Well, S***, 2 devices, neither will transfer the video. Have to post it later.
Point being this is certain to interfere with our local fire department using this band.

Last edited:

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
What are we talking about? Did you not post a photo or something?

If by the lower end of the 700MHz spectrum, you are referring to "band 14" 758-768MHz, that is the FirstNet LTE stuff, it uses a 10MHz wide uplink and a 10MHz wide downlink. Standard LTE stuff. 700 MHz Public Safety Spectrum

Below that is LTE bands 12, 13, and 17, used by cellular carriers.

merlin

Ok I got it now. Our local state police switched to this in combination bands and just looking for activity.
I do see the 10 Mhz wide bands below this and one is like +40 Db. Maybe the cell site next door.

merlin

Guess you can't upload short videos here, you could see what I mean.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Ok I got it now. Our local state police switched to this in combination bands and just looking for activity.
I do see the 10 Mhz wide bands below this and one is like +40 Db. Maybe the cell site next door.

+40???? Holy crap!

merlin

Pardon the crappy camera for this but here is a spectral, full span is 2 Mhz, a signal way off by itself about 894.4 Mhz.
These seem to change now and then, one has vanished ans one was just into the 700 Mhz band and just above a cell signal.

Attachments

• IMG_20200829_224148.jpg
    IMG_20200829_224148.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

merlin

What I get looking at your same segment.
PS, nice analyzer you got there.

Attachments

• IMG_20200829_231706.jpg
    IMG_20200829_231706.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.