Wireless Holdings closes preoders and delays DV4Mobile their "all mode digital" radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

toastycookies

Wireless Holdings closes preoders and delays DV4Mobile their "all mode digital" radio

Link to radio below:

DV4mobile - first all mode digital tri band transceiver plus LTE with GPS

UX8HDQ5.png

There has been a lot of hype around this radio and now it seems they are doing some major hardware changes.

Been waiting for this radio for awhile, hopefully it really does get released at some point this year.

Flyham

So this means they are starting over from scratch, and maybe we'll see one in 2018. Just another CS7000. Vaporwear.

Or maybe just trying to get this one right before release? Perhaps trying to avoid the CS700 return and make it CS750. ????

Just a thought. VAPORwear I hope not.

N4KVE

There was never a problem with the CS700. It was out at least a year before the 750 came out. Technology advances so quickly, if every company held back a device before release because of newer technology, nothing would ever be released.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
There was never a problem with the CS700. It was out at least a year before the 750 came out. Technology advances so quickly, if every company held back a device before release because of newer technology, nothing would ever be released.

There were a ton of issues with the CS-700 when it first came out, many of those issues were solved with firmware updates, some were not. I know because I bought and still own one.

The key ones were:

1. Really low transmit audio
2. An issue with generating DTMF tones(I think it was the '*' key that was the problem.

The big one was the low transmit audio. An OEM Motorola CP-200d speaker/mic fixed the low transmit audio issue, but required one to use the speakermic all the time.

As for the DTMF issue, I don't know if it was ever solved with firmware updates.

I am planning on upgrading my CS-700 to a CS-750 at some point.

N4KVE

I must have gotten a later CS700. It worked perfectly, & was $100. Sold it to a friend who wanted to get into DMR cheaply, but wanted a better radio than the MD-380. He is very happy with it.

beischel

I think the CS7000 is about three years late now. Lost count actually. Seems like the same excuses though, new hardware available and a redesign....going to be better.....blah, blah, blah. I would be surprised if either of these radios even sees the light of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.