Wireless Internet Radio for scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

Curious, did you try the firmware update, then revisit your Wifi settings?

Yes. It's my router, not the Squeezebox. For now, I'm satisfied with its performance via Ethernet. I just can't move it around like I wanted. Some day maybe I'll replace the router.

D

DaveNF2G

I have noticed that the Squeezebox Server web control cannot see the Scannerbox app on my unit.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I think it's because it's a third party appellate and not an official app. installed from the Mysqueezebox server.

Last edited:

scannerbox

ScannerBox is an application that runs entirely on the radio, the squeezebox server runs plug-ins. They each use an entirely different programing language. To get anything on the server would require a new plug-in to be created. I have started looking into what it would take, but i am still only in the initial phase and don't have any idea when it might be complete.

FLA2760

I just purchased the Squeezebox radio. The set up was easy to my WIFI. I have Shoutcast as one of my APPS on the radio so I can stream some scanners. Has anyone here been able to stream the scanners from Radio Reference on their Squeezebox and if so how were you able to do so? Thanks.

scannerbox

I just purchased the Squeezebox radio. The set up was easy to my WIFI. I have Shoutcast as one of my APPS on the radio so I can stream some scanners. Has anyone here been able to stream the scanners from Radio Reference on their Squeezebox and if so how were you able to do so? Thanks.

To get the scanners from Radio Reference you need an application called ScannerBox. It allows you to select and listen to all the scanner hosted on RadioReference.com using the screen on the Squeezebox radio.

Check out ScannerBox.us - Streaming live audio feeds to Logitech Squeezebox Radio

D

DaveNF2G

Has anyone had ScannerBox disappear from their Squeezebox menu?

Yesterday Logitech sent a firmware update to the Squeezebox. Today when I started it up, ScannerBox was nowhere to be found.

scannerbox

Has anyone had ScannerBox disappear from their Squeezebox menu?

Yesterday Logitech sent a firmware update to the Squeezebox. Today when I started it up, ScannerBox was nowhere to be found.

Anytime you install a firmware upgrade it wipes out all applications, you will need to reinstall ScannerBox.

Firmware 7.5 does have a new option under the applet installer menu that will automatically reinstall applications after a firmware upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.