Wireless mic's in canada...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyc_tbird_sc

Hey guys, it's been quite a while since I posted on here....but I got a question for you

Does anyone have a direct link to Industry Canada's website that lists a specific date that 800Mhz wireless microphone systems have to cease operations? We've got about 36 microphone systems here at work, and some has said that as of Aug 31 no-one can operate these anymore without fear of fines.

Thanks guys...Scott

BC_Scan

Spectrum Management and Telecommunications - Gazette Notice DGTP-011-09
Is this what you want as long as you are away from 700 mhz you should be good, in Vancouver I did an install for local library/community centre that just opened Jan2010 , in it we installed wireless mics sold from local pro-media supplier with IC approved bands (cant remember which band, I wrote then down but am using work pc in Calgary right now)
I would call local IC office they are helpful in my experience

assistance, please contact: Southern Alberta District Office
Room 400
639 Fifth Avenue S.W.
Calgary AB T2P 0M9
Toll Free: 1-800-267-9401
Fax: (403) 292-4295
E-mail: spectrum.calgary@ic.gc.ca

yyc_tbird_sc

After some interpretation of the information, it has come to the fact that we will eventually have to stay out of the 698Mhz+ (700Mhz) band. Most of our mics are capable of tuning below this, but I will have to sit down and figure out how many can do this at one time and not be stepping all over each other. thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.