Wireless Mics??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonL008

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what the wireless mics are that are being used by troopers and Mineola PD. Are they the X10drs?

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
I attended a training session a couple weeks ago with troopers from that area, they had Motorola APX radios with the APX wireless microphones. Although these were only two troopers out of however many they have there, they could be using different things or transitioning. Not sure. Hopefully someone has a more definite answer to help ya out.

otter9309

A number of troopers are using the Motorola mics. They have the ability to pair to both the mobile and portable. This gives them the ability to transmit off the high power unit in the vehicle from the shoulder.

BTW, it's Bluetooth encrypted.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
I believe that the mic's are part of the camera system and yes, would be encrypted. Trenton TX PD looked into this system a few years ago and the audio was all integrated into the camera package. Most Law Enforcement use this tech now .... If you find someone using VHS still then you might be able to eavesdrop ...

otter9309

I believe that the mic's are part of the camera system and yes, would be encrypted. Trenton TX PD looked into this system a few years ago and the audio was all integrated into the camera package. Most Law Enforcement use this tech now .... If you find someone using VHS still then you might be able to eavesdrop ...

Some camera systems may "tap" audio from the radio, but the actual shoulder mic used to communicate over the radio is not part of the camera system.

Status
Not open for further replies.