Wireless Office Headsets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Day All!

First off, I am NOT asking how, I just want to know IF Plantronics CS55 wireless headset system can be monitored with a scanner? I was thinking of picking up one for my home office, and was wondering how secure they are.

Thanks in advanced,

Steven

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
No.

Unless you have one hell of a dork that lives near you, I wouldn't worry....The encryption used could be easily cracked and I'm sure a phone that uses DECT technologies could be re-engineered to listen a transmission.

No phone is absolutely secure. Whether it's using DSS or Bluetooth. I know that DSS phones use the same PRN code and there are bluetooth sniffer utilities and cracking methods..

Your cool. The likelihood of anyone taping your signal is remote. :D

shaft

You wont be disapointed with that headset. I used to have that same one (with the lifter) at my previous job. I was able to walk around 80% of the 3 story (concrete) building and still be able to use the headset clearly. There were approx 6 of us that used the same headset, and none of us had interference issues in case that crossed your mind as well.

raisindot

Good Day All!

First off, I am NOT asking how, I just want to know IF Plantronics CS55 wireless headset system can be monitored with a scanner? I was thinking of picking up one for my home office, and was wondering how secure they are.

Thanks in advanced,

Steven

Dunno the answer to that one, but I can tell you that the Plantronic wireless headsets have the durability of crap. At work, we have all ordered various models, and out of 20 of us, 8 of the headsets have totally gone bad within the first four months, including mine.

At first I thought it was because I was using my Logitech wireless headset to listen to my PSR500--thought that the Bluetooth from the Logitech might be frying the transmitter or receiver on the Plantronics. No, turned out the Plantronics were just pieces of junk. When they work, they're great. When they break, they break.

Suzie

Status
Not open for further replies.