Wireless Routers & RR Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I am preparing to install a wireless router to my computer for the purpose of providing internet connection for other devices in my home. My primary computer which hosts this feed will remain "wired" to Comcast. I am told there is some concern regarding ports when using a router in conjunction with the uploading of something to the internet. What steps must I take, in layman's terms please, to insure my feed will continue once the router is running?

Thanks,
James

talkpair

If you are running your own icecast server (or equivalent) , then you'll need to open the correct port on your router which corresponds to the port you've chosen in your configuration. This is usually port 8000.

If you are using radioreference as your server, and you are merely providing a feed, then you do not need to open any ports.

mikev

Scannercast connects to RadioReference's servers. There's no need to configure any incoming ports on your router to allow Scannercast to function. No security issues to worry about as a result.

SCPD

QRT
OK. Well, I appreciate your input and the timely maner that you replied. I will go forward with the setup this afternoon. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.