• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Wireless RSM PMMN4095A Help

NPeters481

Premium Subscriber
I have a Motorola Mission Critical Wireless RSM (Blue Dot) PMMN4095A. It has been working fine and yesterday, when I went to power it on it, states "Failure Detected" and the lights alternately green and red then about 10 sec later it shut down. Does anyone know the fix or anything I can do to fix it? It's a relatively new unit and up till now, I have had no issues. I have read on other forums about firmware updates, battery issues, or just a bad unit. Thanks

trafficcop608

I have a Motorola Mission Critical Wireless RSM (Blue Dot) PMMN4095A. It has been working fine and yesterday, when I went to power it on it, states "Failure Detected" and the lights alternately green and red then about 10 sec later it shut down. Does anyone know the fix or anything I can do to fix it? It's a relatively new unit and up till now, I have had no issues. I have read on other forums about firmware updates, battery issues, or just a bad unit. Thanks
Any luck with yours? I have the same problem

NPeters481

Premium Subscriber
Any luck with yours? I have the same problem
I was able to get mine fixed. I did a firmware upgrade with a good quality micro usb cable and it took the firmware upgrade and works fine now. Send me a private message and I can try and walk you through the firmware upgrade. You have to have a good quality micro usb cable to make it work.

trafficcop608

I tried and followed the instructions of 1 dot/orange button while powering up. It flashes yellow and then goes off. Any trick?

NPeters481

Premium Subscriber
With mine all I had to do is plug the cable in and let it run the firmware upgrade. I didn’t have to do anything on my mic to make it to the upgrade.

I installed the software. Installed the firmware. Plugged the device in and connected to it and then installed the firmware. No need to push any buttons.

NPeters481

Premium Subscriber
I had the issues with a few cables until I had one that came with my unication pager. Not all micro usb cables have all the required wires in the cable. It will start the process but fail half way through.

NPeters481

Premium Subscriber
Welcome. Glad yours is working again. Just remember you might have to delete your BT device on your radio. It might have an issue connecting because if a firmware change. That’s what my local shop told me.

JM0228

Welcome. Glad yours is working again. Just remember you might have to delete your BT device on your radio. It might have an issue connecting because if a firmware change. That’s what my local shop told me.
I have the same basic issue only I purchased the PMMN4095a used. I think it is still paired to their radio and it keeps telling me "PAIRFAIL". Any clues?

NPeters481

Premium Subscriber
I would check and see if there is a mic already paired. I’ve had that issue switching between radios that there’s a mic already paired and it says pairfail. I deleted the other mic in the BT options and it would pair after that.

OtakuJon

Premium Subscriber
My RSM was working to I attempted to upgrade the firmware. While it's upgrading, it seems like Windows pop up and go away so fast I don't get to read them. It will sit there and then the APS window will shift. I'll hear the Windows connect and disconnect noise a bunch of times. Then it fails with the X at the end of the progress bar. Figured it just couldn't do the update. I plugged it and went to pair it up and bam! "Failure Detected". I've used almost 6 different Micro USB cables and no bueno. I know the ones that don't have the computer detect the RSM plugged in made sense. I have 2 friends that may be able to help me but I currently have an expensive paperweight which annoys me. Using a Tough ook CF-19 with Win10. Also tried comparability mode to see if that would help. No dice ....

OtakuJon

Premium Subscriber
Long story short, I had to use a different computer. I first tried to update with my CF-19 Toughbook. When I use my Surface Pro I was able to get the firmware update to work and push through.

Test various cables and another computer if you're having issues. Different computer solved my issue.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
Long story short, I had to use a different computer. I first tried to update with my CF-19 Toughbook. When I use my Surface Pro I was able to get the firmware update to work and push through.

Test various cables and another computer if you're having issues. Different computer solved my issue.
What OS did you use on the computer that finally worked?

OtakuJon

Premium Subscriber
Both Win10 Pro. Not 100% sure why the Toughbook didn't work but it def was an older slower i5 iirc

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
Definitely not getting anywhere sadly. I have tried down to Win7 and it does the same thing. Worst software I have ever used so far.