wireless technology for antennas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Healthyou

Hello, I built a j-pole antenna and mounted it on the roof for my wife who has 2 scanners, one in her office and another in the living room. Currently, the j-pole is wired to the office scanner and she would like to be able to also utilize the j-pole for the living room scanner as well. I'm too busy and lazy to run a cable under the house to the living room and it may be too long of a run anyway. So here is my question. Is there wireless technology out there that I can use to remedy this issue? Thanks, Fred

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
That is how a wifi extender or ham repeater works, but those devices work in a fairly narrow frequency range. Applying it to a scanner presents multiple frequency bands and types of signals (AM, FM, and digital).

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Is there wireless technology out there that I can use to remedy this issue? Thanks, Fred

Wireless option would be to use a Bluetooth speaker to extend the audio from the office to the living room.

There is no way to extend the full RF range of the antenna to the other scanner wirelessly in a way that would fit in any reasonable budget.
Either run the coaxial cable or get a cheap Bluetooth set up off Amazon.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
536 or SDS200 + ProScan, and you can stream the scanner audio anywhere, plus control the scanner remotely.

Status
Not open for further replies.