Yaesu: WIRES-X Connection with Yaesu FT-60

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexTAC

There are several nearby repeaters that are listed as “FM Fusion WIRES-X” and I have an FT-60R which says the radio has “a convenient access key for Yaesu’s WiRES”. I also have a Windows 10 laptop and an internet connection. What other hardware or software is needed to use the FT-60 with WiRES? I’ve read a lot about how to disable the feature but not much on how to actually use it.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
The Ft-60R is an analog radio and cannot use the modern Wires-X Fusion system. The Wires analog system is not in use anymore. The FT-60R is a very well made radio, but its technology is about 20 years old. If you live in the analog world it is an excellent radio. If you want to play in the Fusion world you will need a new HT.

n9upc

The FT-60 used the WiRES-II technology which is what WiRES-X is based upon for a design. WiRES-II used a setup whereas each node was assigned a DTMF ID. You could then enter that DTMF ID to connect to other nodes like dialing a phone number.

You also could build repeater groups or sister groups. This is where a DTMF combo would be used to bring up a set of Repeaters. With the WiRES key you could simply push it and with the programmed DTMF codes into the key it could easily connect the nodes or Repeaters together..

Now you CAN, yes I say again CAN, use the WiRES key on the radio. However, the WiRES-X node you are using must be in the FM mode. I have a FT-2980 and use the WiRES key to access my analog connection. In addition, I also use it for Allstar and sending other DTMF codes.

/N9UPC

There are several nearby repeaters that are listed as “FM Fusion WIRES-X” and I have an FT-60R which says the radio has “a convenient access key for Yaesu’s WiRES”. I also have a Windows 10 laptop and an internet connection. What other hardware or software is needed to use the FT-60 with WiRES? I’ve read a lot about how to disable the feature but not much on how to actually use it.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I'm reading the post above wondering who the hell used and still knows that old ass Wires setup so well. I then see the callsign and recognize/realize a half second later why they know it so well. We're having fun with Fusion here in central California. Our collective footprint and use is growing. Some buddies have moved out of the state, but Fusion makes it easy to keep up the old ragchew routine.

Moderator edit: FT-991 discussion continues here: Yaesu: - FT-991 questions

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.