Wires-X - PDN in HRI mode - DG-ID not working to control access

Status
Not open for further replies.

brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
Hello:
I am hoping that someone can help me with getting DG-ID working to control or limit access to a Wires-X node. I am using an FTM-400XDR as the node, in PDN, in HRI mode, and Access Point. My radio is an FT3DR. All works, ability press "X" search and join a room, disconnect, both Analog and digital modes. However, my FTM400XDR is connected to an external antenna and its at 2000ft. I was hoping the limit the access by using the DG-ID feature on the receive and then set the same code in my FT3 under Wires-X settings.

I set the DG-ID in the Wires-X application, clicked apply and it restarted the FTM400. I set the same code in the Wires-X setup on the FT3. When I click "X" on the FT3 to connect, I get the flashing P indicating that no node responded. Watching the FTM400, I don't see a signal being received. Setting back to 00 : 00 in the wires-x application and Auto in the FT3 and I can connect again. I have tried different DG-ID codes with no luck.

The PL and DCS options are greyed out in the Wires-X application so I assume that is for Analog only and I am Digital.

Questions:
1) Is using a DG-ID a good method to somewhat limit access to my node?
2) Can it be done using the methods I am trying? If not, how can I make it work?
3) In the Wires-X app, there are two settings for DG-ID. One goes from 00-99 the other from 00 to 26. I really don't understand that when the FT3 only has the 00-99 and no other DG-ID setting.

Thanks in advance.....

Status
Not open for further replies.