Wires-X Radio Equipment Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KQ4ABU

Hi

I have setup a wiresx room and it really bothers me that the donor radio display is burning in my new radio with useless information. My trio is a handheld FT5DR and a Mobile FTM-200DR and the Wires-X box HRI-200. My final setup was using the mobile because of the 24/7 use the handheld battery life was an issue.

So all this equipment is new and my knowledge of its operation requires constant use of the manuals which is fine but this display light issue during wiresx operation is not covered or I over looked it and the google searches did not show me how others have might have handled it or maybe, it only bothers me. I found one radio setting that dims the light and I put it on low. The display would have a longer life if it had some sort of sleep option when it is the wiresx mode that just displays Yaesu and the Wires-x name on the screen.

Has anyone noticed this and would be willing to share their solution, if they took action?

My solution is out in left field and not something I would try without more information for several reasons. Unplugging the control head after startup. The radio power supply is plugged into a huge UPS that would prevent power loss for at least a minute as I have it setup right now. I actually want the room up at all times and I guess a spoiled display is not the end of the world.

Thank you

KQ4ABU

I just had time to work on my wirex setup. Homework is required and I have been behind. Today I got to the end of the FTM200 advance manual. There is a section on using the 200 as a wires node. The section has two parts on the lights. It says you can turn the lights on the display off as well as the keypad. BS.

You can turn the display way down by holding the display button down, it will beep. then by turning the right knob several clicks takes it several steps to dim. turn it again one click and its back to bright. Mike lights did not budge. I think it is 1 step dimmer than the display function took it down too. That's better than nothing. They could be a off option on the mike somewhere. The 200 is not touch so the burn in will be worse IMHO on the 300/400. Going very dim hopefully would help them all, if they have that option

The 200 display is quite different in that it only displays "Yaesu Wires-X". So in a couple years I will update this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.