WISCOM On Unication G4/G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Now that the Unication V1.3 firmware has been released, has anybody on here done the update and, if so, does it improve performance on WISCOM?

I typically monitor ARMER, in Minnesota, but I will occasionally monitor WISCOM. I would think the added features of Hold and Block would be welcome to many users on here. Even the ability to do a Wildcard monitor on WISCOM and lockout nuisance talkgroups should be rather handy, I would think.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
The G5 already works fine on WISCOM, including doing non-specific "search" scans, as it's mostly multicast anyway. The benefit of the Hold and Block feature is a blessing for any trunked system.

romanr

ADMIN-apologies if this is the wrong place for this. Please delete if it breaks protocol.

I am awaiting my G5 and the PPS I downloaded won't do much without reading a S/N, so it looks like I won't be able to get started learning the software until the unit arrives.

Is anyone willing to share their DANECOM & WISCOM codeplug with me so that I can hit the ground running when it arrives?
Thanks in advance.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I am wondering if anybody here has tried programming in multiple control channels for WISCOM into a Unication G4/G5 and ran it in the Wildcard/Talkgroup Monitor mode. Theoretically, it should switch to the strongest control channel when traveling form county to county and hear all of the WISOCM traffic. The problem, at least from my perspective, would be the limit to 64 talkgroups, but with Unication V1.3 firmware and the ability to Blok (block) and Hold, the user could simply Blok any nuisance talkgroups.

Does anybody know the current limit to the number of Control Channels that can be programmed?

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
You can enable the full spectrum control channel scan to accomplish this. If the radio is not able to hear any of the pre-programmed sites / control channels, it begins to search for any control channel with the same system ID.

sfd119

I am wondering if anybody here has tried programming in multiple control channels for WISCOM into a Unication G4/G5 and ran it in the Wildcard/Talkgroup Monitor mode. Theoretically, it should switch to the strongest control channel when traveling form county to county and hear all of the WISOCM traffic. The problem, at least from my perspective, would be the limit to 64 talkgroups, but with Unication V1.3 firmware and the ability to Blok (block) and Hold, the user could simply Blok any nuisance talkgroups.

Does anybody know the current limit to the number of Control Channels that can be programmed?

I have the entire WISCOM system in mine including the 800mhz sites. I generally use it for wildcard mode. I can roam statewide with no issues with it. I believe the limit is 256 for the CCs.

It would be nice if it would alias ALL of the TGs I have saved instead of 64.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I have the entire WISCOM system in mine including the 800mhz sites. I generally use it for wildcard mode. I can roam statewide with no issues with it. I believe the limit is 256 for the CCs.

It would be nice if it would alias ALL of the TGs I have saved instead of 64.

Thank you for the reply. I need to program the entire WISCOM system into mine, too. I would also use the Wildcard Mode.

Do you enter every Control Channel in or do you use the Full Spectrum feature?

sfd119

I programmed every control channel in back in the day before the fancy import option. Now I believe you can import direct from the RR database. There are not nearly as much as ARMER for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.