WISCOM Thread (all posts regarding WISCOM go here)

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
OK, who is playing on TG 4675 ? I know it is one of you ! ha ha

Been hearing that TG key up over and over from the Baraboo site for the past 10 mins. TG not in the database.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
I'm picking it up on Madison VHF with ID 8631300 but not Deerfield

I was in the process of booting up my other PC with Unitrunker to see the ID and sure enough, it left the Baraboo site. Aw well.

Overall, the recent switch over to Wiscom by WSP seems to be going well. I have heard only minor issues, nothing to write home about. I call it Wiscom V2 :)

jpjohn

Premium Subscriber
I've focused my WISCOM listening on WSP as of late however it appears to me at least that the county SD's are no longer being pushed out on WISCOM.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Also WSP has sounded great to me and I have been able to hear both Spooner and Eau Claire Posts. Today was the first of "problems" with the system that I've heard. At least four separate incidents of either post hearing garble transmissions or none at all. One of the incidents this afternoon was a Sgt not able to get a response while using his "wireless mic".

prowisscan

Site on wheels was active yesterday and last night here in Milwaukee for Trumps visit to Milwaukee and West Bend. The control channel was 151.1975 with 151.3475 & 151.4825 used for voice traffic. The tgid of 123 was being used as a patch of the Milwaukee County TRS sheriff "countywide 1" channel for the various posts during Trumps ride to and from the airport. 121 & 122 was also used for WSP traffic.

ozzie

Premium Subscriber
WSP on Wiscom

After listening for a while are the transmissions being pushed to all towers in the zone? Wondering if I need to program all sites in the zone or just my close ones.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
I would only program the sites you expect to listen to, programming a site that is 60 miles away won't help if you can not receive it.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Is WISCOM considered a simulcast system?

No it is multicast and the sites transmit only when mobiles are affiliated with them unless for certain talkgroups that are critical. So, yes it might help to program in neighboring sites into your scanner or you may miss some nearby traffic.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Is WISCOM considered a simulcast system?

Simulcast does not refer to a system as a whole but to the site. You either have a multi-cast site or a simulcast site. Like any Trunking system WISCOM is capable of having both. The Juneau County site is a 6-site simulcast. At this time there are no other simulcast site on the network.

JT-112

The first report on WISCOM sustainability:

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/mi...in_interoperable_system_for_communication.pdf

Some parts of the report are fairly critical, while other parts gloss over issues. Perhaps the Tusa report (now due in November) will be more even-handed; this report came from the state itself so it's somewhat understandable that you wouldn't want to have a totally open kimono report at this juncture, but at some point you have to admit you have a problem before you can move forward and address the problem.

It would seem that the issues that are easily solvable (grounding, installation, RF planning, monitoring) got decent coverage but other issues which may be structural and systematic got short shrift.

docflash9009

anyone know how / what to program for the base and offsets for this system on a BC796D? I have system type set to P25 VHF but I have no clue what to enter for the system specs. It does not track in trunk mode however I can decode the coverage testing loud and clear in conventional mode on each individual freq.
Mike any new info on programing the wiscom 138-142.0000 freqs into a scanner. I program the outagamie and winnbago 800mhz p25 freqs with no problem. any good hints

Doc

w9bsd

Hospital Talkgroups

It looks like the list of hospital talkgroups in the DB is wrong. I'm seeing 46xx-47xx TGs on DaneCom which would match up to the 48xx-49xx TGs shown in both the WISCOM and DaneCom entries. My WISCOM logs and some previous posts in this thread seem to match up with this. Does anyone know if these TGs moved, or have a current list of the hospital TGs?

KC9UNK

It looks like the list of hospital talkgroups in the DB is wrong. I'm seeing 46xx-47xx TGs on DaneCom which would match up to the 48xx-49xx TGs shown in both the WISCOM and DaneCom entries. My WISCOM logs and some previous posts in this thread seem to match up with this. Does anyone know if these TGs moved, or have a current list of the hospital TGs?
I'm waiting to see how things are going to shape up as well. Its been said that Danecom will be fully integrated into Wiscom so I think their will be some "overlapping" talkgroups it that's the word I even want to use.

w9bsd

I'm waiting to see how things are going to shape up as well. Its been said that Danecom will be fully integrated into Wiscom so I think their will be some "overlapping" talkgroups it that's the word I even want to use.

They are definitely using the WISCOM talkgroup and radio numbering conventions.

Is the 138-142 going to be the band plan for Danecom ?

Bands 0-3 are the same between WISCOM and DaneCom. WISCOM broadcasts Band 7 for 800 MHz, which DaneCom doesn't have. DaneCom is broadcasting Bands 8-11 for Phase II TDMA, which overlay 0-3.

sfd119

The list is not wrong. It's from the Statewide EMS Communications plan. DaneCom ≠ WISCOM.

w9bsd

I know they're not technically the same, but for every purpose so far they have matched up talkgroups.

However, just looking at WISCOM, I have hits in my logs for various 46xx talkgroups that match up to my location. There are also specific mentions of 4617, 4625, and 4675 in this thread that seem to match up to hospitals. I know the list was in the 2014 EMS plan, I'm just curious if there has been some change since then.

sfd119

4875 is Oconto Falls Hospital in Oconto Wisconsin, north of Green Bay. 4817 is Portage Wisconsin, and 4825 is Dodgeville Wisconsin. None of them are close to Dane County.

There are no 46xx TGs listed in WISCOM right now.

I doubt the State is would change any hospital TGs as every radio in every hospital would have to be reprogrammed.