WISCOM Thread (all posts regarding WISCOM go here)

box23

I know they're not technically the same, but for every purpose so far they have matched up talkgroups.

However, just looking at WISCOM, I have hits in my logs for various 46xx talkgroups that match up to my location. There are also specific mentions of 4617, 4625, and 4675 in this thread that seem to match up to hospitals. I know the list was in the 2014 EMS plan, I'm just curious if there has been some change since then.

If the hospital talkgroups were moved to a different range it would probably be advantageous to make it known, which has not been done up to this point. Reprogramming existing radios might be a good idea, too.

box23

To add a little more WISCOM uses EF Johnson infrastructure, while DaneCOM is using Harris equipment. Since the backend of each system is completely different they cannot be "fully integrated."

However, through the magic of ISSI and having both WISCOM and DaneCOM programmed in the radios it could appear very close to that.

This is also the reason why there are statewide talkgroup and radio ID plans published and all entities are encouraged to follow them for WISCOM, on their own systems, and even conventional. After all, you can really only have so many 1, 5, or 512 radio identifiers before you have to fall back to relying on voice identification...

prowisscan

I was hearing activity on TG 4660 off the Delafield site yesterday late afternoon. The traffic consisted of what sounded like an open mic that occurred 2-3 times with some digital noise (almost sounding like voice inversion which I know is not used on WISCOM). Any idea of what this could be?

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
I was hearing activity on TG 4660 off the Delafield site yesterday late afternoon. The traffic consisted of what sounded like an open mic that occurred 2-3 times with some digital noise (almost sounding like voice inversion which I know is not used on WISCOM). Any idea of what this could be?

It could be just that a stuck mic or someone sitting on their mic, it happens all the time on analog. IT is hard to know what it is without hearing it.

Tim

Feed Provider
4660 has been keying up at all hours of the night for about 2 weeks now. I wonder if who ever it is even knows that its being keyed up.

I am by no means a radio technician, but it makes me wonder if some wires are crossed up somehow. I was thinking that when a hospital's internal communications radio is keyed up, it is also keying up this 4660 talkgroup.

Tim

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
WISCOM question re, WSP statewide TG`s

Hey there, just a quick question, are the statewide TG`s (Northcentral 1, Northeast 1 Northwest 1 and the other statewide ones) being pushed out on all the sites? Reason i ask is i`ve been hearing Northeast 1 (FDL post) on the Rib Mountain site for a while now, kinda intresting. Thanx! N9NRA

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings...

Just checking, but when you say "Northeast 1" you are talking about Talkgroup 131...Right? If so, those are not the "statewide" talkgroups. They are the respected WSP Post talkgroups.

111 South-West Post 1
121 South-East Post 1
131 North-East Post 1
141 North-Central Post 1
151 North-West Post 1

Generally, these are rebroadcast on the towers within the geographical boundaries of that particular WSP Post and some adjacent towers. Although, many times I will hear South-West 1 or North-East 1 on towers in Milwaukee area. The "R-Call", "R-Tactical" and "S-Tactical" talkgroups are considered statewide.

Tim

sfd119

I have picked up Northeast 1 in Spooner before. Sometimes a squad will affiliate with it for some reason. I'm thinking its either a squad passing through or brass stopping by another post.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
I have picked up Northeast 1 in Spooner before. Sometimes a squad will affiliate with it for some reason. I'm thinking its either a squad passing through or brass stopping by another post.

Yeah i`m thinking the same thingy, i don`t hear it all that often, but when i do it`s kinda fun :). When i make my run to Dayton this year i just might try to monitor WSP on WISCOM just to see what i might hear (might make the run outta MKE a smidgen less boring), and see how much activity there actually is on this system. Thanx for the answers guys! N9NRA

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Wisdom Usage in Milwaukee Area???

How much traffic is on Wisdom in the Milwaukee area???

WSP, Lifestar EMs and Greenfield is about all I was able to monitor during a recent trip.

Thanks
KD4YGG

prowisscan

You pretty much have it. In addition, on the Greenfield 800 site you will hear patches of W. Allis, PD, Hales Corners PD, Franklin PD, and Greendale PD from the Milw Co. TRS. On the Milwaukee 800 site you will hear UWMilwaukee PD. All sites will carry Flight for Life and some of the state tac channels. I would say that the Greenfield 800 site is the most active.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
One additional site you will hear a good amount of traffic on is the DOC site in Milwaukee. This site does not have a big footprint due to a in-building design though.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
re, WSP on WISCOM, haven`t heard any activity in a while, what`s up?

Hey there. Just wonderin`, has anyone noticed that WSP seems to have gone away on WISCOM lately? since about yesterday i`ve been noticing a distinct lack of traffic on the WSP TG`s. On a hunch that mabey they were having radio or system problems i unavoided the old analog WSP channels thinking they were on those till the WISCOM issues (if any) got resolved but no joy. More just outta curiousity, what`s up with this, they having system trouble or something? Thanx! N9NRA P.S. Been monitoring WSP on the Rib Mountain site, i have good stable lock on the c-channel so no problems there, checked to see wether i had the correct band plan for it, all good there too. Intresting :).

otrebla

I haven't noticed any change in radio traffic, I'm still receiving Fond du Lac and Waukesha off of the Harrington Beach & Haven towers.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Hey there. Just wonderin`, has anyone noticed that WSP seems to have gone away on WISCOM lately? since about yesterday i`ve been noticing a distinct lack of traffic on the WSP TG`s. On a hunch that mabey they were having radio or system problems i unavoided the old analog WSP channels thinking they were on those till the WISCOM issues (if any) got resolved but no joy. More just outta curiousity, what`s up with this, they having system trouble or something? Thanx! N9NRA P.S. Been monitoring WSP on the Rib Mountain site, i have good stable lock on the c-channel so no problems there, checked to see wether i had the correct band plan for it, all good there too. Intresting :).

They use the system all day, every day in every corner of the state with no exceptions.

prowisscan

Yesterday evening I was hearing a new federal TG in the Milwaukee area. I was monitoring TG 9060 off the Greenfield VHF site; unfortunately all transmissions were fully encrypted. Unsure of what agency this could be?

dlehman

Premium Subscriber
WSP has gone silent for me as well. Have been listening all along except for the past few days when my radio stopped "hearing" them.

KC9UNK

WSP has gone silent for me as well. Have been listening all along except for the past few days when my radio stopped "hearing" them.

I haven't been having any problems hearing the deforest post at all through the Beloit or Milton tower. When I scan other post I get nothing but silence. I haven't heard of any radio problems either. But I listen to them to and from work everyday Crystal clear.