WISCOM Thread (all posts regarding WISCOM go here)

djeplett

While I would agree that it should be a DeForest Inspector, do they normally ID on air with the post they're contacting and then their badge number? Because he was on TG131 which is Northeast 1, Fond Du Lac post. So he must have been covering a shift in the Northeast area as opposed to Southwest?

kb9tyc

While I would agree that it should be a DeForest Inspector, do they normally ID on air with the post they're contacting and then their badge number? Because he was on TG131 which is Northeast 1, Fond Du Lac post. So he must have been covering a shift in the Northeast area as opposed to Southwest?

Since the Southwest Region borders the Northeast Region there was possibly an incident that occurred in the Northeast Region that required an Inspector and he was the closest one available. Also he could have been on a some sort of special detail that would have had him outside his normal area.

The State Patrol normally don't cover shifts in other areas.

box23

I see there was an update to the database to change the name of Site #67 to "Bayfield". I am curious where that came from considering the State's name for that site is and always has been "Red Cliff".

JASII

Memory Capacity
I know that WISCOM uses NACs B00 through B0F. Does anybody have a list of what, specific NAC codes are used at each individual WISCOM site?

Also, have you observed any pattern of how they are assigned? For example, is each site incrementally assigned a NAC from B00 through B0F?

djeplett

Anybody know who it is that's using East Central Area Tactical 33 lately off the Chilton site? I keep copying unit IDs around 81720X and they're calling eachother "Room 202" or "Room 203". Sounds like a hospital?

Tim

Feed Provider

1 (1)047 (2F)Mauthe LakeFond Du Lac139.3625c151.085151.325a152.1425a152.7725
--------
Greetings,

Does anyone know if they eliminated site #47 or are planning to? I came across a 2020 Tower site listing and it only shows 2 sites in Fond Du Lac County (FDL & Eden). The included map on the list doesn't show anything in far SE Fond Du Lac county for a tower site, either.

Tim

djeplett

Does anyone know if they eliminated site #47 or are planning to?
FWIW, I ran PRO96COM and the only adjacent sites listed on the Wautoma site (081) and the Chilton VHF site (042) are Fond du Lac and Eden in Fond du Lac county. And Fox Lake (Dodge County) is also being reported from Chilton even though it would appear to be farther away than Mauthe Lake from Chilton. Perhaps Mauthe Lake is offline.

(I can't receive either Fond du Lac or Eden from New London, otherwise I would have decoded what they reported for neighbors directly.)

Div106

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday 4/26 about 1900, caught some radio traffic off Spring Prairie Tower TG 8111. 2 units talking about handling a complaint of some kids playing on rail cars. Didn't catch a location, would could possibly be RR Police?

Pat

Premium Subscriber
The CP Rail Police were in the process of getting access to WISCOM a year or so ago. Not sure about the other railroads that pass through the state.

prowisscan

I've been hearing this TG also from the Milwaukee VHF site as well since earlier this year; I could never figure out what this is either. Last week I heard comms talking about being in the area of Easter Iowa in McGregor and Holy Cross which is right across the river from us. Being familiar with that area, there are many RR lines in that area on borth sides of the Mississippi.

AnonScannerGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing rumors of a change coming to Eau Claire within the next 30 days. Anyone have word on implementation?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I was recently in the Walworth County area and had the two local sites programmed. I also have TGID 65010 SCAN programmed and heard alot of traffic there and it appeared to be a patch which sounded like the Sheriffs? I had the analog frequencies also programmed. The question is, who was I listening to, and is SCAN an acronym for anything or is it mean scan the entire county?

Pat

Premium Subscriber
The scan talk group is connected to a radio set up by the state that has the various analog channels a particular county uses programmed in (law enforcement, fire, EMS, and so forth), allowing a WISCOM user to monitor those channels, and in some cases also allow them to talk back into the analog system on a designated channel, although I'm not sure if that is implemented everywhere.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
The scan talk group is connected to a radio set up by the state that has the various analog channels a particular county uses programmed in (law enforcement, fire, EMS, and so forth), allowing a WISCOM user to monitor those channels, and in some cases also allow them to talk back into the analog system on a designated channel, although I'm not sure if that is implemented everywhere.

Thanks Pat that's what it appeared to be, but no fire just police related. I programmed both Walworth County Sheriff East and West dispatch channels and heard some duplicate traffic.

Pat

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I think it varies by county possibly. In Monroe County, the scan radio monitors the local law enforcement channels, and also what was previously the fire channel, but now is used for paging. I recall when they were setting up our scan radio they emailed a form asking about channels, and if we would permit transmit through the radio, but unfortunately I don't recall the specifics of that form.

prowisscan

As of this morning 6/17, I am monitoring a new frequency on the Milwaukee VHF site; 154.6875. It is showing up frequently with the usual TGs for this site. Will submit.