WISCOM Thread (all posts regarding WISCOM go here)

mikeymac3

Premium Subscriber
I am finding that the Wausau troopers are being dispatched by Waukesha Dispatch. This morning Dispatcher RID 81219 is dispatching 8100419 and 8100434.
I asked WSP and they said Wausau troopers are being dispatched out of Eau Claire and the state operations center in Milwaukee. It's possible they are now being dispatched out of Waukesha as well with the staffing issues they are having. Now that I know what the prefix's on the Dispatcher IDs are I'll keep a closer eye on that.

whop94

Premium Subscriber
I asked WSP and they said Wausau troopers are being dispatched out of Eau Claire and the state operations center in Milwaukee. It's possible they are now being dispatched out of Waukesha as well with the staffing issues they are having. Now that I know what the prefix's on the Dispatcher IDs are I'll keep a closer eye on that.

Per their website WSP is going to be dispatching out of four communications centers across the state (NE, NW, SW, SE), my guess is Wausau is merged with the Eau Claire/Spooner post for dispatch purposes, it looks like there are postings for dispatch jobs in DeForest and Milwaukee.

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Premium Subscriber
Just saw the new wiscom site. Saw this coming as the dnr have a nice fancy tower with many vhf folded dipoles. Wonder if the county will add more.

stormy182

Premium Subscriber
Per their website WSP is going to be dispatching out of four communications centers across the state (NE, NW, SW, SE), my guess is Wausau is merged with the Eau Claire/Spooner post for dispatch purposes, it looks like there are postings for dispatch jobs in DeForest and Milwaukee.

I have been in Marshfield the last few days and have noticed almost a 50/50 split between Eau Claire dispatch and the Milwaukee operations center handling the Wausau post for dispatch

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Premium Subscriber
Any talks of Portage co going to the new Wiscom site?

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
I saw TG 9414 come up today on the Mellen site with a radio ID of 9411261. Didn't see that group in the database, or hear anything of interest either. Just a key-up that lasted a couple seconds. Anyone else monitoring WISCOM sites up north see that one come up?

west-pac

I saw TG 9414 come up today on the Mellen site with a radio ID of 9411261. Didn't see that group in the database, or hear anything of interest either. Just a key-up that lasted a couple seconds. Anyone else monitoring WISCOM sites up north see that one come up?

That's a Federal talkgroup. It's real close to the Saint Croix National Scenic Riverway talkgroups of 9411, and 9413.

ozzie

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if radio traffic would be pushed out to all sites in a county such as Douglas County.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Does anyone know if radio traffic would be pushed out to all sites in a county such as Douglas County.

Traffic is usually pushed out to sites that cover a users normal area of operation. So primary Douglas channels would be pushed on douglas county sites.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
Generally county-level WISCOM traffic gets pushed out to all neighboring sites, although there's definitely exceptions. Sawyer county occasionally pops up on my radio, although they definitely aren't pushed out 24/7 to the Mellen site.

Someone could be dragging their groups along with them but they'd have to affiliate with the Mellen site specifically, which would definitely be a trip for any Sawyer county officers. I'm not sure what's up, since Hayward's site is listed as neighboring and it isn't pushed out all the time but frequent enough that it isn't just a one-time thing.

WISCOM is strange sometimes.

west-pac

From my experience, most radio traffic is NOT pushed/forced on to towers where there are no users affiliated.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
I noticed site 121 neighboring site 63 (the Mellen site) today and it wasn't in the DB. Went ahead and ran PRO96Com on the freq listed and it's coming in pretty decent with a NAC of B0C and shows all the Bayfield county sites as neighbors as well as the Hayward site and a couple others. It also carried TG 24501, which is Bayfield County Sheriff.

Not sure if it was in there previously or if it's a new site with a reused site number, but it's got a pretty short CC cycle for WISCOM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221109-192739.png
    Screenshot_20221109-192739.png
    591.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20221109-192804.png
    Screenshot_20221109-192804.png
    548.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
The Mellen WISCOM site is down. Nothing heard on the CC or alternates. Don't have access to a computer right now so I can't plug in PRO96Com to look at the Washburn site but the Mellen site is off the air.

west-pac

The Mellen WISCOM site is down. Nothing heard on the CC or alternates. Don't have access to a computer right now so I can't plug in PRO96Com to look at the Washburn site but the Mellen site is off the air.

Have you tried listening to the site frequencies on an analog scanner; or in analog mode? From my experience, sites rarely go completely off-line.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
Yes, it wasn't broadcasting on any of the control capable channels listed in the database. Running PRO96Com on the Washburn site revealed the Mellen site to be running on 152.7875 MHz, which is not any of the frequencies under the Mellen site in the database. The only other channel it listed once I tuned to the CC was 152.0375, a known alternate control channel. I guess it didn't go offline, but it definitely did go out there.

Last edited:

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
Anyone else hearing TG 105 on WISCOM in the northwest region? The group belongs to radio techs, unsure of what they're doing since the traffic is encrypted. Captured RIDs 8110871 and 8110872 on that group.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
Got some unencrypted traffic from them, mentioned something about "the 700/800 site is working, now let's try the DMR". RID 8100870 and 8160813 are also popping up.

TG 56515 is also coming up quite often, returns to Washburn county based on TGID but it's not in the DB. Nothing but encryption, RIDs 8110871, 8100872, 6630094, and 6640903 are active on that TG.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
I'm down in the Eau Claire area this weekend and I saw TGID's 18026 and 18027 pop up on my scanner on the Osseo WISCOM tower. Sounds like EMS traffic, didn't bring my computer with me so no RID captures.

Anyone else getting those TG's off the Osseo or nearby towers?

kb9tyc

I'm down in the Eau Claire area this weekend and I saw TGID's 18026 and 18027 pop up on my scanner on the Osseo WISCOM tower. Sounds like EMS traffic, didn't bring my computer with me so no RID captures.

Anyone else getting those TG's off the Osseo or nearby towers?
Those are Mayo Helicopter/ Ambulance talkgroups. Both are in the database under the Medevac Category.