• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

wisconsin cb users

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheriff205

hey all i use a midland 75 822 cb radio and i got a new Center load magnetic-mount mobile CB antenna . and i wanna find some people that are not the amp jack asses that run 100000 watt power. and live in WISCONSIN my handle on the cb is billy the kid so yea laterz

JayMojave

Hello PRO164:

If you monitor around the channels you will find the local channel and I am sure you can find a good group to hang with. The “jack asses” that use linear amplifiers, there’s only about 7.85 million linear amp users out there. So you have to look past all that for friends on the CB. The use of the linear amplifiers is a natural instinct to have something bigger and better. Fueled by an unfriendly Amateur Radio Fraternity and the low cost available of the linear amplifiers. And it surly will turn into a drag race but you don’t have to be apart of that.

A lot of the ham radio fraternity are unfriendly and this surly restricts the ham radio hobby from growth and prosperity. On the other hand there are a bunch of the ham radio guys that will give the shirt off their back for you and help you out in your technical and radio needs. These guys are pure gold and this is what the ham radio hobby is all about.

When your listening around the channels for the locals you will hear a lot of guys who are talking while mobiling and just passing thru the local area. Others are usually yep yapping off the main channel to reduce traffic on the home channel.

These guys usually will have a Coffee Break or get to gather once in a while, and its usually advertised on the radio for all to hear. Sometimes the locals will drop into a coffee shop for just a cup of coffee and friendship.

My old group use to have the CB Breaks in a VFW Club House, that’s so the drinks were handled by the VFW and the CB Club got a cut. We didn’t have to man the Bar, and we had door prizes, and raffled off CB and Ham Equipment in the thousands of dollars. But the really neat thing was meeting all the people that we talked to on the radio.

Jay in the Mojave

sheriff205

thanks for the help but like i whant to know what people that are nice on the cb to newbies but thanks for the help and also that are nice

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
hey all i use a midland 75 822 cb radio and i got a new Center load magnetic-mount mobile CB antenna . and i wanna find some people that are not the amp jack asses that run 100000 watt power. and live in WISCONSIN my handle on the cb is billy the kid so yea laterz

It's people like you describe that caused me to use a hammer on the last cb I owned as a kid in college! I then realized that there were smarter people on ham radio.
Maybe you should give it a try?

n9zas

SCPD

QRT
guess you won't be talking to me

Well that leaves me out. (thank god) Because I have a linear you apparently think your to good to talk to me. Well have fun talking to yourself. With your additude, If I were you I would get a ham radio and liecense.

k9rzz

I think most folks on the CB in Wisconsin are good folks. There are bone heads everywhere you go, but I'm sure you'll find someone to relate to. There is quite a bit of activity around here in Milwaukee and I've heard farmers out fixing fences in the corn fields too. Have fun!

kc9pxz

I found this topic just now. Cool! I was surprised to find it. CB back in the late 70's to mid 80's gave me a love of radio. I was going threw some boxes in the shed & I found my old uniden 40 channel and a realm 40 channel and my trusty sears road talker 23 channel. Nice radio in its day. I also found a old loaded whip back in the day they called it the spark-o-matick. I think there might be a peace missing to the mount. Any way I bought them in and took them in the shack and hooked them up all powered up, I thought they would be dead. So I was like WOW! Then I remembered that a Ham friend and I were going someplace and in his jeep along with the ham radios was a CB he used them all. I thought cool! He said there was still CBer's out there. I am a licensed ham now, I fell out of the CB scene. I think because I got married. I kept the old stuff, I had forgotten so it was cool to find it. I remember way back a group of us would be cruising around all night every night. (this was when gas was about 70 cents a gallon). & rag chew on the CB we would end up at a coffee shop or someplace them we cruise some more and do fox hunts and other radio "games". So I am going to set up a base and put one in the van like back in they day. and then use my ham radio and my CBs. Might as well. I am sure the scene is nothing like it was, there were many CB clubs then I don’t know about now. I know there are a few guys here in Monroe county. I can think of 3 others using CB. guess I have to listen in and find wee they are . all radio is fun. Well just wanted to post and say hello
Kc9pxz
Jimmy C.
Norwalk, WI

jay_camaro1

Premium Subscriber
where in WI?

wisconsin rapids here, just got back into it myself a few months ago, not really any locals close by here, i was calling out on 38 LSB last sat morning, waiting for the skip to roll in, and another guy in amherst called back, not too bad, over 30 miles with just a 102 whip im using for my base antenna. he said there are a few that are on 38lsb usually evenings around 9pm,, im going to try again tonight. sounds like they all have towers and beam antennas.

edit,, just looked up your radio the midland 75 822 ,, looks pretty basic, if you want to get some distance you should look into a radio with sideband and put up a base antenna , even a simple 102 whip works fine for me so far,, or a homemade dipole antenna.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.