Wisconsin Dells Police Department P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjgostovich

Greetings all. I will be traveling to Wisconsin Dells during the end of February. I see most of the agencies in the area are VHF conventional with the exception of WI Dells PD having a P25 digital channel (unlicensed it says in the database?). Does the WD PD use that channel for anything yet? Just trying to figuire out which radio to pack. Thanks in advance!

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
I say bring the 106 and put the frequency in and see what ya get. I personally dont know if anythings on the channel, but if there is a possibility, I'd go for it

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
I was there over the summer.. Wasnt being used. I had my XTS5000 progammed for it and only heard conventional analog.

cpd38

Premium Subscriber
I hear them as well as Lake Delton PD on digital often enough. Every time I've ever heard it used it's encrypted digital.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
If they are using it . It must be for detectives or some other ops. The Wisconsin Dells cops I saw were carrying HT1000's and HT1250's and those arent P25

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
They run mixed mode. Analog or p25 encrypted. No p25 clear.

Analog for day to day patrol, and encrypted for when they need it for something sensitive.

Trust me on this ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.